Sound Tigers to Hold Pink Rink Night this Saturday
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (Dec 9, 2013) - The Bridgeport Sound Tigers will be holding Pink Rink Night presented by Norwalk Hospital on Saturday, Dec. 14 at their 7 p.m. game against the Providence Bruins at Webster Bank Arena. The Sound Tigers will be wearing specialty jerseys for the game, all of which will be available to bid on at a silent auction. The auction will be taking place in the Webster Bank Arena atrium just outside the box office and will end in the third period. All proceeds from the auction will be donated to the Smilow Family Breast Health Center at Norwalk Hospital.
Additionally, if 1,000 fans come to Saturday's game dressed in pink, the Sound Tigers will donate another $1,000 to the Smilow Family Breast Health Center. There will also be 3,000 pink wristbands and a limited quantity of pink t-shirts that will be given out for fans to wear throughout the game. Fans wearing pink will be invited down to the ice for the second intermission, where they will form a pink ribbon to support breast cancer awareness.
The Sound Tigers, winners of their last four games, host the Albany Devils Tuesday morning for their annual Cool Fun 101 game. Opening faceoff from Webster Bank Arena is at 11 a.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 9, 2013
- Minnesota Wild Assigns Forward Erik Haula to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- December 13 Is Clinton Comets Night - Utica Comets
- Comets Corner with Pascal Pelletier - Utica Comets
- Surging Sharks Riding a Six Game Point Streak - Worcester Sharks
- Rangers Recall Arron Asham from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly, December 9-15 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rampage Host 9th Annual Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers to Hold Pink Rink Night this Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Blackhawks Recall Simpson - Rockford IceHogs
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rockford Takes Three of Four Points in Week 10 - Rockford IceHogs
- Christmas Reminders for IceCaps Fans - St. John's IceCaps
- Strome Named AHL/CCM Player of the Week - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bridgeport's Ryan Strome Repeats as CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Hardball Cafe Opened up for Individual Ticket Sales for Outdoor Game - Rochester Americans
- Flames Assign Derek Smith to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Dallas Stars Recall Colton Sceviour from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- McGinn Recalled by Flyers - Adirondack Phantoms
- Toy Toss Highlights Back-To-Back Bulldogs Home Games This Weekend - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bears Open Road Trip With Split - Hershey Bears
- Tim Erixon Recalled by Columbus Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.