Rampage Host 9th Annual Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday
SAN ANTONIO (December 9, 2013) - The San Antonio Rampage will host their ninth Annual Teddy Bear Toss, presented by H-E-B, on Saturday when the Silver and Black square off against the Chicago Wolves at 7 p.m. at the AT&T Center.
Fans will throw the teddy bears on the ice when the Rampage score their first goal of the game. The teddy bears will then be donated to the U.S. Marine Corps' Toys for Tots program. Footage of last year's Teddy Bear Toss can be found here.
Fans who bring a new, unwrapped stuffed animal to the game are eligible to purchase a ticket for 25 percent off at the AT&T Center Box Office on the day of the game. In addition, the first 1,000 fans through the door will receive a teddy bear to throw on the ice courtesy of H-E-B.
The Toys for Tots mission is to collect new, unwrapped toys and distribute those toys as holiday gifts to needy children in the community and to send a message of hope to needy youngsters that will motivate them to grow into responsible, productive, patriotic citizens and community leaders.
In addition, the Rampage will wear holiday-themed jerseys during Saturday's game and are encouraging fans to wear holiday sweaters as well. The custom Rampage jerseys will be auctioned off after the game. Santa Claus will also be at the AT&T Center for the Rampage games on Saturday and Sunday.
A select number of bears will be delivered by Rampage players to patients at the Children's Hospital of San Antonio on Monday, Dec. 16 from 2-3 p.m., in the team's annual holiday visit to the hospital.
The Rampage wrap-up their four-game road trip this week with a pair of contests at Charlotte on Tuesday and Thursday at 6 p.m. before returning to the AT&T Center for Saturday's Teddy Bear Toss Night at 7 p.m.
Tickets for Saturday's game start at $10 and can be purchased by calling a Rampage representative at 210.444.5554 or online at sarampage.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 9, 2013
- Minnesota Wild Assigns Forward Erik Haula to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- December 13 Is Clinton Comets Night - Utica Comets
- Comets Corner with Pascal Pelletier - Utica Comets
- Surging Sharks Riding a Six Game Point Streak - Worcester Sharks
- Rangers Recall Arron Asham from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly, December 9-15 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rampage Host 9th Annual Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers to Hold Pink Rink Night this Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Blackhawks Recall Simpson - Rockford IceHogs
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rockford Takes Three of Four Points in Week 10 - Rockford IceHogs
- Christmas Reminders for IceCaps Fans - St. John's IceCaps
- Strome Named AHL/CCM Player of the Week - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bridgeport's Ryan Strome Repeats as CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Hardball Cafe Opened up for Individual Ticket Sales for Outdoor Game - Rochester Americans
- Flames Assign Derek Smith to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Dallas Stars Recall Colton Sceviour from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- McGinn Recalled by Flyers - Adirondack Phantoms
- Toy Toss Highlights Back-To-Back Bulldogs Home Games This Weekend - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bears Open Road Trip With Split - Hershey Bears
- Tim Erixon Recalled by Columbus Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.