San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update
THIS WEEK'S GAMES
Tuesday, December 10 at Charlotte Checkers
Time Warner Cable Arena, 6:00 p.m.
The Rampage continue their four-game road trip with a pair of midweek tilts at Charlotte. The divisional rivals have met only once so far this sea- son, with San Antonio claiming a 5-3 victory at AT&T Center on Nov. 2.
Garrett Wilson scored two goals in the game, while Greg Rallo and Quin- ton Howden each had a goal and an assist.
Thursday, December 12 at Charlotte Checkers
Time Warner Cable Arena, 6:00 p.m.
Charlotte is five points behind the Rampage in the division standings, despite having won three of their last 13 games dating back to their loss in San Antonio on Nov. 2. The Checkers only have three wins in their first 12 home games (3-9-0-0) and have been outscored, 43-28, on home ice.
Saturday, December 14 vs Chicago Wolves
AT&T Center, 7:00 p.m.
The Rampage welcome the Chicago Wolves to the AT&T Center for the final time on Saturday night in the club's annual Teddy Bear Toss Night.
Despite outshooting Chicago, 42-23, the Rampage dropped a 2-1 deci- sion to the Wolves in the team's Home Opener on Oct. 4 at AT&T Center.
Sunday, December 15 vs Texas Stars
AT&T Center, 4:00 p.m.
The Rampage square off against their divisional foes, the Texas Stars, on an Express-News Sunday Funday at AT&T Center. The Rampage own a 1-2-0-0 record against the Stars this season after claiming a 4-3 shootout win against the Stars in the last meeting between the teams on Nov. 22 at Cedar Park Center. Texas has won three-straight entering this week.
TEDDY BEAR TOSS NIGHT - Saturday, Dec. 14: The Rampage will host their ninth annual Teddy Bear Toss Night, presented by H-E-B, on Saturday when the team squares off against the Chicago Wolves at 7 p.m. at the AT&T Center. The teddy bears will be donated to the U.S. Marine Corps' Toys for Tots pro- gram and the Children's Hospital of San Antonio. H-E- B will donate 1,000 teddy bears for fans to throw on the ice when the Rampage score their first goal of the game. Fans who bring a new, unwrapped stuffed animal to the game are eligible to purchase a ticket for 25 percent off at the AT&T Center Box Office on the day of the game. In addition, the Rampage will wear Christmas jerseys during the game and are encourag- ing fans to wear Christmas sweaters on Saturday night. The custom Rampage jerseys will be auctioned postgame.
WEEK IN REVIEW: After winning four-straight shootouts, the Rampage suffered their first shootout loss since Nov. 6 in the skills competition on Wednesday night against Iowa, 5-4.
The Silver and Black then trekked to British Columbia for a two-game set against the Ab- botsford Heat to kick off a four-game road trip. The Rampage dropped both games to the Western Conference leaders, falling 4-2 on Friday and 5-2 on Saturday.
ROLLING ALONG: Rookie Vincent Trocheck continues to produce offensively for the Rampage. The rookie tallied three points last week and paces the club in goals (11), as- sists (10) and points(21). Trocheck is currently third in the league in scoring among rookies.
WELCOME: The Florida Panthers loaned defenseman Matt Gilroy to the Rampage on Sunday. Gilroy, 29, has played in 225 NHL games in his five-year pro career, tallying 11 goals and 37 assists. During his senior season at Boston University, Gilroy won the Hobey Baker Award (2009), given annually to the top college hockey player in the country.
ICE CHIPS: Bobby Butler-Rampage Winger
Rampage winger Bobby Butler extended his point scoring streak to five games with his second goal in as many nights on Saturday in Abbotsford. Butler has tallied five points (three goals, two assists) in his last five games and is currently second on the team with 17 points (eight goals, nine as- sists) in 23 games this year. The 6-foot, 189-pound winger is in his first season with the Rampage after splitting the 2012-13 campaign with the New Jersey Devils and Nashville Predators organizations. Butler suited up in 34 NHL games between New Jersey and Nashville last year, tallying a combined four goals and seven assists. He also played 37 games in Albany last year and recorded 16 goals and 11 assists.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 9, 2013
- Minnesota Wild Assigns Forward Erik Haula to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- December 13 Is Clinton Comets Night - Utica Comets
- Comets Corner with Pascal Pelletier - Utica Comets
- Surging Sharks Riding a Six Game Point Streak - Worcester Sharks
- Rangers Recall Arron Asham from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly, December 9-15 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rampage Host 9th Annual Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers to Hold Pink Rink Night this Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Blackhawks Recall Simpson - Rockford IceHogs
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rockford Takes Three of Four Points in Week 10 - Rockford IceHogs
- Christmas Reminders for IceCaps Fans - St. John's IceCaps
- Strome Named AHL/CCM Player of the Week - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bridgeport's Ryan Strome Repeats as CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Hardball Cafe Opened up for Individual Ticket Sales for Outdoor Game - Rochester Americans
- Flames Assign Derek Smith to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Dallas Stars Recall Colton Sceviour from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- McGinn Recalled by Flyers - Adirondack Phantoms
- Toy Toss Highlights Back-To-Back Bulldogs Home Games This Weekend - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bears Open Road Trip With Split - Hershey Bears
- Tim Erixon Recalled by Columbus Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Rampage Stories
- Jake Walman Named Rampage 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty Man of the Year
- Admirals Top Rampage with Third Period Outburst
- Ingram Leads Admirals to Shutout Win over Rampage
- Stars Defeat Chimuelos on Late Robertson Goal
- Comeback Effort Falls Short against Grand Rapids