Tim Erixon Recalled by Columbus Blue Jackets
Springfield, Mass. - The Springfield Falcons announced Monday morning that defenseman Tim Erixon was recalled by the Columbus Blue Jackets, the team's NHL affiliate.
In 14 games with Springfield this season, Erixon leads the team in points (16) and assists (13). The Swedish product has appeared in one game this season with Columbus, recording a +1 rating in 18:05 of action at Vancouver November 22.
Erixon was returned on loan to Springfield November 29.
Acquired by Columbus in a trade with the New York Rangers July 23, 2013, Erixon has registered seven points (zero goals, seven assists) and a +3 rating in 50 career NHL games and 78 points (11 goals, 67 assists) and a +20 rating in 106 career AHL games. In 2012-13, the former first-round draft selection of the Calgary Flames totaled five points (zero goals, five assists) and a +4 rating in 31 games with the Blue Jackets and 29 points (five goals, 24 assists) and a +9 rating in 40 games with the Falcons. He was selected as a member of Team East at the 2013 AHL All-Star Classic and voted a starter by fans.
The Falcons are back in action Wednesday, December 11 when they hit the road to take on the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. The team plays its next five games on the road, returning to the MassMutual Center Thursday, December 26 to host the Adirondack Phantoms.
Fans are invited to the MassMutual Center in 2013-14 to watch the reigning Northeast Division-champion Falcons compete in their 20th anniversary season. Adult season-ticket packages start as low as $13 per game. To reserve your seats for the 2013-14 season, call (413) 739-GOAL (4625) or visit the team office inside the MassMutual Center from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Support the Falcons throughout the 2013-14 season by wearing red, white and blue at all the home games.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 9, 2013
- Minnesota Wild Assigns Forward Erik Haula to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- December 13 Is Clinton Comets Night - Utica Comets
- Comets Corner with Pascal Pelletier - Utica Comets
- Surging Sharks Riding a Six Game Point Streak - Worcester Sharks
- Rangers Recall Arron Asham from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly, December 9-15 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rampage Host 9th Annual Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers to Hold Pink Rink Night this Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Blackhawks Recall Simpson - Rockford IceHogs
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rockford Takes Three of Four Points in Week 10 - Rockford IceHogs
- Christmas Reminders for IceCaps Fans - St. John's IceCaps
- Strome Named AHL/CCM Player of the Week - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bridgeport's Ryan Strome Repeats as CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Hardball Cafe Opened up for Individual Ticket Sales for Outdoor Game - Rochester Americans
- Flames Assign Derek Smith to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Dallas Stars Recall Colton Sceviour from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- McGinn Recalled by Flyers - Adirondack Phantoms
- Toy Toss Highlights Back-To-Back Bulldogs Home Games This Weekend - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bears Open Road Trip With Split - Hershey Bears
- Tim Erixon Recalled by Columbus Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.