Bridgeport's Ryan Strome Repeats as CCM/AHL Player of the Week
December 9, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that Bridgeport Sound Tigers center Ryan Strome has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Dec. 8, 2013.
Strome, who tallied two goals and six assists for eight points along with a plus-6 rating in three games, becomes just the third AHL player in the last 20 years to be named Player of the Week in consecutive weeks (Blake Geoffrion, 2011; Jim Carey, 1994).
On Wednesday night, Strome picked up an assist on the game's only goal as the Sound Tigers edged Adirondack, 1-0. On Friday in Utica, he scored once and added two assists as Bridgeport got past the Comets, 5-3. And back home vs. Hershey on Saturday night, Strome set up three goals before netting an empty-netter to seal the Sound Tigers' 4-2 victory. All told, Strome had a hand in eight of Bridgeport's 10 goals on the week, and assisted on all three game-winning tallies.
Strome, who has 17 points (5g, 12a) and a plus-11 rating during his current nine-game scoring streak, has taken over the AHL lead in assists (24) and points (33) through 23 games played. A first-round draft choice (fifth overall) by the New York Islanders in 2011, the 20-year-old native of Mississauga, Ont., played four junior seasons in the Ontario Hockey League, totaling 105 goals and 190 assists for 295 points in 225 regular-season games with Barrie and Niagara. Strome made his pro debut with Bridgeport at the end of the 2012-13 season, tallying seven points in 10 contests.
In recognition of his achievement, Strome will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Sound Tigers home game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 9, 2013
- Minnesota Wild Assigns Forward Erik Haula to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- December 13 Is Clinton Comets Night - Utica Comets
- Comets Corner with Pascal Pelletier - Utica Comets
- Surging Sharks Riding a Six Game Point Streak - Worcester Sharks
- Rangers Recall Arron Asham from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly, December 9-15 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rampage Host 9th Annual Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers to Hold Pink Rink Night this Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Blackhawks Recall Simpson - Rockford IceHogs
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rockford Takes Three of Four Points in Week 10 - Rockford IceHogs
- Christmas Reminders for IceCaps Fans - St. John's IceCaps
- Strome Named AHL/CCM Player of the Week - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bridgeport's Ryan Strome Repeats as CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Hardball Cafe Opened up for Individual Ticket Sales for Outdoor Game - Rochester Americans
- Flames Assign Derek Smith to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Dallas Stars Recall Colton Sceviour from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- McGinn Recalled by Flyers - Adirondack Phantoms
- Toy Toss Highlights Back-To-Back Bulldogs Home Games This Weekend - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bears Open Road Trip With Split - Hershey Bears
- Tim Erixon Recalled by Columbus Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.