Wolves Weekly Notes
AT HOME ON THE ROAD
The Wolves will play three games in four days beginning Wednesday, all three of which will be played on the road; seven of Chicago's 11 victories this season have come on enemy ice and its .667 road winning percentage is the fourth-best in the Western Conference (7-3-0-2).
--- TY RATTIE: Tallied 2 third-period goals, including one with 18 seconds left to tie the game at four, and converted a shootout attempt in Chicago's comeback win over Oklahoma City on Sunday ... Five of his 8 markers this season have come against the Barons ... Ranks first on Chicago with 8 goals and second with 13 points in 23 games this season ... Posted 3 goals and 6 points in his last five tilts ... Ranked second in the WHL last season with 48 goals and third in the league with 110 points in 62 matchups with the Portland Winterhawks ... Also shared seventh in the WHL with 62 helpers and held third with a +56 plus/minus rating
--- SERGEY ANDRONOV: Shared the team lead with 2 goals and 3 points in two games last week, which included scoring Chicago's opening goal in both tilts ... Registered 4 points (2G, 2A) in his last four outings ... Tied for fourth on the Wolves with 6 helpers and shares sixth with 9 points in 21 contests this year ... Accumulated 8 goals, 11 assists, and 19 points in 59 AHL games with the Peoria Rivermen last season, his first year in North America
--- CADE FAIRCHILD: Dished out an assist in both of Chicago's games last week to run his assist streak to four games ... He has pocketed 7 helpers in his last four tilts and has had a hand in 7 of the team's last 16 goals ... Shares second on the squad with 9 helpers and is tied for second among team rear guards with 9 points in 11 games this season ... Made his return to game action on Nov. 7 after missing the first 11 games of this season and the final 12 tilts of last season due to injury ... Picked up 8 helpers in 43 games with the Peoria Rivermen last season
--- COREY LOCKE: Recorded a season-high 3 helpers on Sunday, his first three-assist effort since Dec. 26, 2010 ... Tallied 6 assists in his last four outings ... Ranks first on Chicago and shares 14th in the AHL with 14 assists and leads the Wolves with 19 points in 22 games this season ...
Began the 2012-13 campaign with TPS Turku of the Finnish Elite League, where he collected 12 assists and 17 points in 37 tilts before moving to Germany ... Accrued 7 points (G, 6A) in 16 outings with Berlin of the German League
--- Chicago's game against Grand Rapids on Wednesday marks its 12th game against a Midwest Division foe through 23 tilts this year; the Wolves only play three divisional games in December before playing a Midwest Division rival in 28 of their final 44 matchups after the calendar turns to 2014.
--- The Wolves allowed two power-play goals to Oklahoma City on Saturday, just the second time in 23 games this year they have surrendered multiple man-advantage markers in a contest; Chicago has accrued an 86.5 percent efficiency rating on the penalty kill this season (96 of 115), which ranks fifth in the AHL.
--- Chicago fired a season-high 41 shots on goal Saturday night and 17 of the 18 skaters who dressed for the game recorded at least one shot on net; twelve players registered at least 2 shots on goal with forwards DMITRIJ JASKIN and MARK MANCARI posting 5 shots each.
--- The Wolves have cashed in on 13 of their 115 power-play chances this season, with two of them coming against Grand Rapids; Chicago has not converted on its last 13 man-advantage opportunities dating back three games.
--- The Wolves have outshot their opponents in five of their last six games, but they have won just two of those contests; Chicago has outgunned its foes 208-142 over its last six matchups and has not allowed 30 or more shots in 10 of its last 11 games.
WOLVES REWIND (1-1-0-0)
Sunday, Dec. 8
(at) Chicago 5, Oklahoma City 4 (SO)
--- The Wolves rallied to tie Oklahoma City twice in the final seven minutes of regulation and eventually earned a 5-4 shootout victory at Allstate Arena
--- Forwards TY RATTIE (2G), SERGEY ANDRONOV and CHRIS PORTER scored in regulation for Chicago
--- Goaltender MATT CLIMIE stopped 23 of 27 shots in regulation and overtime and all three shootout attempts he faced
Saturday, Dec. 7
Oklahoma City 5, (at) Chicago 2
--- The Wolves grabbed a 2-1 third period lead, but allowed four goals in the final 5:05 to Oklahoma City at Allstate Arena
--- Forwards SERGEY ANDRONOV and PAT CANNONE lit the lamp for Chicago
--- Goaltender JAKE ALLEN posted 18 saves on 21 shots
Wed., Dec. 11* at Grand Rapids Griffins Van Andel Arena 6 p.m.
Fri., Dec. 13* at Texas Stars Cedar Park Center 7:30 p.m.
Sat., Dec. 14* at San Antonio Rampage AT&T Center 7 p.m
GAMES WILL BE TELECAST LIVE ON THE U-TOO OR WCIU
Log on to chicagowolves.com for broadcast schedule, or to watch or listen to the action live online
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 9, 2013
- Minnesota Wild Assigns Forward Erik Haula to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- December 13 Is Clinton Comets Night - Utica Comets
- Comets Corner with Pascal Pelletier - Utica Comets
- Surging Sharks Riding a Six Game Point Streak - Worcester Sharks
- Rangers Recall Arron Asham from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly, December 9-15 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rampage Host 9th Annual Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers to Hold Pink Rink Night this Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Blackhawks Recall Simpson - Rockford IceHogs
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rockford Takes Three of Four Points in Week 10 - Rockford IceHogs
- Christmas Reminders for IceCaps Fans - St. John's IceCaps
- Strome Named AHL/CCM Player of the Week - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bridgeport's Ryan Strome Repeats as CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Hardball Cafe Opened up for Individual Ticket Sales for Outdoor Game - Rochester Americans
- Flames Assign Derek Smith to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Dallas Stars Recall Colton Sceviour from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- McGinn Recalled by Flyers - Adirondack Phantoms
- Toy Toss Highlights Back-To-Back Bulldogs Home Games This Weekend - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bears Open Road Trip With Split - Hershey Bears
- Tim Erixon Recalled by Columbus Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.