Rockford Takes Three of Four Points in Week 10
Week 10 Results
Thursday, Dec. 5: Rockford 2 at Charlotte 3 OT
Saturday, Dec. 7:"ÂRockford 5 at Charlotte 3
Week 11 Schedule
Friday, Dec. 13 vs. Oklahoma City, 7:00 p.m.
Saturday,"ÂDec. 14 vs. Oklahoma City, 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 15 at Iowa, 4:05 p.m.
Week 10 Recap:
Playing their fifth and sixth contests against each other, the Rockford IceHogs and Charlotte Checkers split the two Week 10 tilts. On Thursday, the IceHogs came into the Time Warner Cable Arena and scored two first period goals but were beaten by the Checkers in overtime by a score of 3-2. Saturday's result would be very different as Rockford would score three second period goals and go on to finish out a 5-3 victory. Though the results were split this week, the IceHogs walked away with three standings points to the Checkers' two.
-Rockford is 4-1-1-0 over their past six games
-Goalie Kent Simpson has started all six of those games for the IceHogs
-Winger Joakim Nordstrom registered a team season best +4 plus/minus rating on Saturday in Charlotte
-Nordstrom also notched a goal and an assist in his third game in three days that had him playing games in Minnesota on Thursday, Chicago on Friday and Charlotte on Saturday
-In his last six games with Rockford, Nordstrom now shows 5g-1a-6pts with a +8 rating dating back to Nov. 23
-Brandon Pirri, Mike Kostka and Klas Dahlbeck all finished Saturday night's contest with a +3 plus/minus rating
-Defensemen Klas Dahlbeck (63) and Adam Clendening (61) lead all Rockford skaters in shots on goal
-Dahlbeck scored his seventh goal of the season on Saturday, including third empty netter and second short-handed tally
-Forward Garret Ross potted his first career multi-goal game (2g) on Saturday night in Charlotte
-Rockford has allowed a third period tally in eight straight games dating back to Nov. 20, allowing 13 third period strikes over that time period
-The IceHogs have played Charlotte six times through their first 26 games in 2013-14, going 3-2-1-0 so far against the Checkers
-These two teams will meet again on Dec. 30 in Rockford and then won't faceoff again until the regular season finale on April 19
-The IceHogs extended a game past regulation for the fifth time on Thursday, eventually losing 3-2 in overtime to the Checkers.
-The Hogs are 7-0-2-0 in one goal games this season
-Rockford tallied the game's first goal in both contests this week and the club has not lost in regulation when scoring first, going 8-0-2-0
Hot Hog: Week 10
Garret Ross, Left Wing
After dropping a 3-2 game to Charlotte in overtime on Thursday, forward Garret Ross sparked the IceHogs offense in Saturday's rematch against the Checkers. Ross scored the game's first goal in the opening frame when he finished off a nice pass from Joakim Nordstrom. Then, the rookie added his second marker of the night in the middle frame to record his first career multi-goal game. The second period strike stood as the game winner, the first of Ross' career, as the IceHogs went on to win 5-3.
Friday, Dec. 13 vs. Oklahoma City: Game time is 7 p.m. Rockford takes on the Oklahoma City Barons for the first time this season at the BMO"ÂHarris Bank"ÂCenter. The first 2,500 fans to the BMO"Âwill receive a Hubert the Lion doll courtesy of BMO"ÂHarris Bank.
Saturday, Dec. 14 vs. Oklahoma City: Puck drop is set for 7 p.m. The IceHogs host the Oklahoma City Barons at the BMO"ÂHarris Bank Center for game two of a back-to-back against the Barons.
Sunday, Dec. 15 at Iowa: Face off is at 4:05 p.m. The Hogs head to the Wells Fargo Arena to take on the Iowa Wild for the third time this season, and the first time at Iowa.
The IceHogs Broadcasting Network:
Catch every IceHogs game, home and road, in 2013-14 on WIFR's 23.2, "Antenna TV." The games can also be viewed on Comcast Cable Channel 436 or Mediacom 101 in the Rockford market and online through AHLlive.com. Fans can listen to the action for free on AHLlive.com. For a complete listing of TV stations carrying IceHogs games, visit IceHogs.com. Every broadcast will start with the IceHogs Warmup 30 minutes prior to puck drop.
Tickets On Sale for 2013-2014!
IceHogs individual game tickets are now on sale! Call (815) 968-5222 to reserve your seats for any IceHogs regular season game during the 2013-14 season. Tickets can also be purchased online at IceHogs.com, in person at the BMO"ÂHarris Bank Center Box Office in downtown Rockford, or any Ticketmaster outlet, including Wal-Mart. Tickets start at just $8.
Illinois Lottery Cup Series Standings
Teams Record Points
Rockford 2-1-0-0 4
Chicago 1-2-0-0 2
Upcoming Illinois Lottery Cup Games:
Jan. 5: Rockford at Chicago, 3 p.m.
Jan. 18: Rockford at Chicago, 7 p.m.
Feb. 14: Chicago at Rockford, 7 p.m.
Feb. 21: Chicago at Rockford, 7 p.m.
Mar. 21: Rockford at Chicago, 7:30 p.m.
Mar. 22: Chicago at Rockford, 7 p.m
SKINNER AND FROESE ON HOG TALK TONIGHT
Bud Light Hog Talk is back at District Bar and Grill
Rockford, Ill. - Bud Light Hog Talk returns tonight at District Bar and Grill in downtown Rockford from 6-7 p.m. Tonight's guests are defenseman Brett Skinner, forward Byron Froese, and head coach Ted Dent.
Most Mondays throughout the season, IceHogs play-by-play broadcaster Mike Peck will sit down and chat with IceHogs players, coaches and hockey operations staff. District will offer great food and drink specials all season long for all fans in attendance. The IceHogs will also offer fans the chance to win tickets to upcoming games, autographed memorbilia and much more!
Can't make it to District? Each show will be taped and re-broadcasted on 23.2 Antenna TV on Tuesdays from 7-8 p.m.
The show will also feature a special fan mail bag. Fans are encouraged to submit their questions online via the IceHogs Facebook or Twitter accounts using the hashtag - #HogTalk.
District Bar and Grill is located in downtown Rockford at 205 W. State St.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 9, 2013
- Minnesota Wild Assigns Forward Erik Haula to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- December 13 Is Clinton Comets Night - Utica Comets
- Comets Corner with Pascal Pelletier - Utica Comets
- Surging Sharks Riding a Six Game Point Streak - Worcester Sharks
- Rangers Recall Arron Asham from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly, December 9-15 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rampage Host 9th Annual Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers to Hold Pink Rink Night this Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Blackhawks Recall Simpson - Rockford IceHogs
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rockford Takes Three of Four Points in Week 10 - Rockford IceHogs
- Christmas Reminders for IceCaps Fans - St. John's IceCaps
- Strome Named AHL/CCM Player of the Week - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bridgeport's Ryan Strome Repeats as CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Hardball Cafe Opened up for Individual Ticket Sales for Outdoor Game - Rochester Americans
- Flames Assign Derek Smith to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Dallas Stars Recall Colton Sceviour from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- McGinn Recalled by Flyers - Adirondack Phantoms
- Toy Toss Highlights Back-To-Back Bulldogs Home Games This Weekend - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bears Open Road Trip With Split - Hershey Bears
- Tim Erixon Recalled by Columbus Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Sign Hobey Baker Finalist and Two-Time Big-10 Champion Cale Morris for 2020-21 Season
- IceHogs Defenseman of the Year Cody Franson Returns to Club for Upcoming Season
- Stateline Teachers, Today Is the Last Day to Enter to Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank
- Former IceHogs Johns and Rutta Collide in 2020 Stanley Cup Final
- Stateline Teachers: Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank =F0=9F=8D=8E