Blackhawks Recall Simpson
Chicago, Ill. - The Chicago Blackhawks announced today that they have recalled goaltender Kent Simpson from the Rockford IceHogs of the American Hockey League. Additionally, the team has placed forward Bryan Bickell on Injured Reserve retroactive to Nov. 19.
Simpson, 21, has appeared in 15 games with Rockford this season, posting a 6-7-0 record, with a 3.38 goals-against average and a .900 save percentage in those contests. He made a season-high 49 saves on a season-high 51 shots against on Oct. 5 at San Antonio.
The Edmonton, Alberta, native, owns a 7-8-1 record in 18 career games with the IceHogs, dating back to the 2011-12 season. Prior to his professional career, Simpson earned a 71-71-21 mark in 175 career regular-season games with the Everett Silvertips of the Western Hockey League from 2007 to 2012.
Simpson was selected by the Blackhawks in the second round, 58th overall, of the 2010 National Hockey League Entry Draft.
Bickell, 27, has tallied six points (5g, 1a) in 22 games this season with the Blackhawks.
Next Home Game: Friday, Dec. 13 vs. Oklahoma City Barons at 7 p.m. The first 2,500 fans through the gates will get a BMO Harris Bank Hubert Doll as the IceHogs open a two-game weekend set against the Barons.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 9, 2013
- Minnesota Wild Assigns Forward Erik Haula to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- December 13 Is Clinton Comets Night - Utica Comets
- Comets Corner with Pascal Pelletier - Utica Comets
- Surging Sharks Riding a Six Game Point Streak - Worcester Sharks
- Rangers Recall Arron Asham from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly, December 9-15 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rampage Host 9th Annual Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers to Hold Pink Rink Night this Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Blackhawks Recall Simpson - Rockford IceHogs
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rockford Takes Three of Four Points in Week 10 - Rockford IceHogs
- Christmas Reminders for IceCaps Fans - St. John's IceCaps
- Strome Named AHL/CCM Player of the Week - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bridgeport's Ryan Strome Repeats as CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Hardball Cafe Opened up for Individual Ticket Sales for Outdoor Game - Rochester Americans
- Flames Assign Derek Smith to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Dallas Stars Recall Colton Sceviour from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- McGinn Recalled by Flyers - Adirondack Phantoms
- Toy Toss Highlights Back-To-Back Bulldogs Home Games This Weekend - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bears Open Road Trip With Split - Hershey Bears
- Tim Erixon Recalled by Columbus Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.