McGinn Recalled by Flyers
The Philadelphia Flyers have announced that they have recalled LW Tye McGinn from the Adirondack Phantoms, according to general manager Pail Holmgren. The move comes as the Flyers also placed C Vincent Lecavalier on injured reserve. McGinn will be eligible for Philadelphia's next game on Monday night at the Ottawa Senators.
This is the third call-up to Philadelphia this season for Tye McGinn. The 23-year-old has appeared in six games for the Flyers scoring three goals and recording four PIM. He also appeared in 18 games for the Flyers last season, scoring 3-2-5. For his NHL career, McGinn has played in 24 total games with the Flyers scoring 6-2-8. In the American Hockey League, he has played in 127 career games with the Adirondack Phantoms scoring 31-20-51 with 115 PIM.
McGinn has played in 18 games for the Adirondack Phantoms this season scoring 5-2-7 with 18 PIM. His most recent goal was Friday night when he opened the scoring against the Hartford Wolf Pack just over three minutes into the game as Adirondack was on their way to a 3-0 victory. McGinn's most recent game for Philadelphia was November 5.
His first call-up this season in early October saw him get out to an impressive start. On October 12, he arrived in Detroit shortly before game-time and then, just a few hours later, scored his first NHL goal of the season. In his next game, he scored two goals on October 15 against Vancouver for the first multi-goal game of his NHL career.
The Fergus, Ontario native was a fourth-round selection of the Philadelphia Flyers in 2010 out of Gatineau of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Tye is the younger brother of veteran Jamie McGinn, currently of the Colorado Avalanche, who has played in 293 career games in the NHL scoring 51 goals ad 42 assists. Tye's younger brother, 19-year-old Brock McGinn.
The Adirondack Phantoms carry a two-game win streak into their next game at the Hartford Wolf Pack, affiliate of the New York Rangers, on Friday night. The Phantoms return to the Glens Falls Civic Center on Saturday night hosting the Eastern Conference leading Manchester (NH) Monarchs, AHL affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings. Saturday night's game features a postgame open skate for the fans with all of the Phantoms players. Call the Phantoms for tickets in advance to save: 518-480-3355.
Tuesday, December 10 (7:00) - Phantoms Power Hour LIVE at Recovery Sports Grill
Player Guests This Week: Ben Holmstrom and Brandon Manning
Friday, December 13 (7:00) - Adirondack Phantoms at Hartford Wolf Pack
Saturday, December 14 (7:00) - Manchester Monarchs at Adirondack Phantoms
Postgame Skate with the Phantoms players! Must bring your own skates to participate.
Friday, December 20 (7:30) - Adirondack Phantoms at Norfolk Admirals
Saturday, December 21 (7:15) - Adirondack Phantoms at Norfolk Admirals
Thursday, December 26 (7:00) - Adirondack Phantoms at Springfield Falcons
When you order your tickets in advance, you save! Call the Phantoms at 518-480-3355
25 Terrific Seasons
Glens Falls is celebrating its 25th season hosting an AHL team and in so doing now joins an elite group of just 9 other active markets who can make such a claim. It's a great hockey tradition with an old-school feel that began with the Adirondack Red Wings in 1979. In their 20-year tenure at the Glens Falls Civic Center through 1999, the Red Wings won four Calder Cups. The Adirondack Phantoms began play in Glens Falls in 2009-10 and are in their fifth season bringing exciting AHL action to the North Country.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 9, 2013
- Minnesota Wild Assigns Forward Erik Haula to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- December 13 Is Clinton Comets Night - Utica Comets
- Comets Corner with Pascal Pelletier - Utica Comets
- Surging Sharks Riding a Six Game Point Streak - Worcester Sharks
- Rangers Recall Arron Asham from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly, December 9-15 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rampage Host 9th Annual Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers to Hold Pink Rink Night this Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Blackhawks Recall Simpson - Rockford IceHogs
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rockford Takes Three of Four Points in Week 10 - Rockford IceHogs
- Christmas Reminders for IceCaps Fans - St. John's IceCaps
- Strome Named AHL/CCM Player of the Week - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bridgeport's Ryan Strome Repeats as CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Hardball Cafe Opened up for Individual Ticket Sales for Outdoor Game - Rochester Americans
- Flames Assign Derek Smith to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Dallas Stars Recall Colton Sceviour from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- McGinn Recalled by Flyers - Adirondack Phantoms
- Toy Toss Highlights Back-To-Back Bulldogs Home Games This Weekend - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bears Open Road Trip With Split - Hershey Bears
- Tim Erixon Recalled by Columbus Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.