Stingrays Add Goalie Reimer
North Charleston, SC - The South Carolina Stingrays and Head Coach/General Manager Jared Bednar announced today that rookie goalie James Reimer has been loaned to the team from the Toronto Maple Leafs. In keeping with club policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Reimer was loaned to the Stingrays from the Toronto Maple Leafs on March 13th. The rookie from Arborg, MAN played in two games for the Toronto Marlies of the AHL before being sent to the Reading Royals. With Reading, Reimer played 22 games, posting a 10-7-2-1 record with a 3.30 goals against average and a .904 save percentage.
Prior to turning pro, Reimer played three years for the Red Deer Rebels of the WHL playing 124 games and garnering a 41-56-14 record. Reimer was drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs in round 4, #99 overall, in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.
In other news, Jeremy Duchesne has been recalled by the Philadelphia Flyers. Duchesne played five games with the Stingrays going 2-2 with a 4.94 goals against average and an 8.45 save percentage. Duchesne was drafted by the Flyers in the fourth round of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, number 119 overall.
Come and support the Stingrays as they honor the men and women who put their lives on the line everyday to keep us safe. On March 22nd, Exclusively Bimmers presents Salute to Heroes Night. Come out and celebrate with the South Carolina Stingrays as they recognize both fire and police. A portion of each ticket will go to support Carolina Children's Charity, Equip our Heroes Foundation and Fraternal Order of Police. Following the game, their will be a special hockey game featuring the Charleston Fire vs. FDNY!! Call 744-2248 for details.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 13, 2009
- Blades fall in overtime to Sea Wolves, 3-2 - Florida Everblades
- Chiefs storm past Cyclones - Johnstown Chiefs
- Melanson the hero as Sea Wolves beat Everblades - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Bombers Shut Out By Elmira - Dayton Bombers
- Reimer Solid In First Stingray Start, Leads Rays to 6-4 Win Over Gladiators - South Carolina Stingrays
- Teslak Shuts Out Bombers 3-0 - Elmira Jackals
- Devils Control Pace in Win Over Royals, 5-3 - Trenton Devils
- Johnstown Takes 5-2 Verdict From Cincinnati - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators fall to Stingrays, 6-4 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Wranglers Game Day - Las Vegas Wranglers
- RoadRunners Acquire Rutherford, Corsi and Deeth From Charlotte - Phoenix RoadRunners
- RoadRunners Acquire Steve Ward From Reading - Reading Royals
- Checkers Make Trade For All-Star Blueliner Ward - Charlotte Checkers
- Tim Branham Returned From Worcester - Reading Royals
- Gladiators Sign Gentile - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Preview: Ontario Reign At Victoria Salmon Kings - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- RoadRunners Acquire Chase Trull From Mississippi - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Zaba Named Reebok X-Pulse/AHL Goaltender Of The Month - ECHL
- Tip-A-Condor raises nearly $17,000 - Bakersfield Condors
- Panthers' Vokoun Named MeiGray Group Alumnus Of The Month - ECHL
- Nailers Game Used Jersey Auction Going On Now - Wheeling Nailers
- Bakersfield Condors vs. Utah Grizzlies - Bakersfield Condors
- Checkers Sign Michigan State Leading Scorer Schepke - Charlotte Checkers
- Game Preview: Rays Host Gwinnett Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Hart Returns From Bridgeport; Mole, Sixsmith Departs - Utah Grizzlies
- Stingrays Add Goalie Reimer - South Carolina Stingrays
- James Reimer Recalled to Toronto - Reading Royals
- Roy re-assigned to Blades from Albany - Florida Everblades
- Tip-A-Grizz Monday At Ruby Tuesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Bombers in Action This Weekend - Dayton Bombers
- ECHL Today - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.