Bombers Shut Out By Elmira
Dayton, OH - The Dayton Bombers were shut out 3-0 by the visiting Elmira Jackals on Friday night in front of 4,227 fans at the Ervin J. Nutter Center.
The Bombers and Jackals were in a stalemate in the first period, with neither team finding the back of the net through 20 minutes of play. Dayton fired nine shots on goal, while Elmira managed 13 in the frame.
Elmira was the first to light the lamp, when Brendan Connolly scored at 2:10 in the second. The Jackals grew their lead to two later in the period as Derek Couture put the puck past Dayton's David Shantz at the 10 minute mark on the power play. The Jackals nearly doubled the Bombers' shot total after two, 26-14.
The Bombers were stymied again in the third by the Jackals, who went on to score a third goal in the period. Despite an even 14 shots on goal in the period, the Bombers could not get the puck past Michael Teslak, who earned his first shutout of the season.
The Bombers finished the night 0 of 7 on the power play and 7 of 8 on the penalty kill. David Shantz was 37 of 40 for the Bombers, while Shantz went a perfect 28 of 28.
Action returns tomorrow night when the Jackals come back for more at 7:30 p.m. at the Nutter Center. Fans can go onto the ice for a post-game skate with the team and get pictures and autographs with their favorite players! Individual tickets start at just $10 for kids under 18 and $15 for adults (includes parking) and can be purchased at the Nutter Center box office or by visiting www.ticketmaster.com.
Discounted tickets for groups of 10 or more at the Nutter Center and Hobart Arena are always available by contacting the Bombers office at (937) 775-4747. Visit www.daytonbombers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 13, 2009
- Blades fall in overtime to Sea Wolves, 3-2 - Florida Everblades
- Chiefs storm past Cyclones - Johnstown Chiefs
- Melanson the hero as Sea Wolves beat Everblades - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Bombers Shut Out By Elmira - Dayton Bombers
- Reimer Solid In First Stingray Start, Leads Rays to 6-4 Win Over Gladiators - South Carolina Stingrays
- Teslak Shuts Out Bombers 3-0 - Elmira Jackals
- Devils Control Pace in Win Over Royals, 5-3 - Trenton Devils
- Johnstown Takes 5-2 Verdict From Cincinnati - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators fall to Stingrays, 6-4 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Wranglers Game Day - Las Vegas Wranglers
- RoadRunners Acquire Rutherford, Corsi and Deeth From Charlotte - Phoenix RoadRunners
- RoadRunners Acquire Steve Ward From Reading - Reading Royals
- Checkers Make Trade For All-Star Blueliner Ward - Charlotte Checkers
- Tim Branham Returned From Worcester - Reading Royals
- Gladiators Sign Gentile - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Preview: Ontario Reign At Victoria Salmon Kings - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- RoadRunners Acquire Chase Trull From Mississippi - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Zaba Named Reebok X-Pulse/AHL Goaltender Of The Month - ECHL
- Tip-A-Condor raises nearly $17,000 - Bakersfield Condors
- Panthers' Vokoun Named MeiGray Group Alumnus Of The Month - ECHL
- Nailers Game Used Jersey Auction Going On Now - Wheeling Nailers
- Bakersfield Condors vs. Utah Grizzlies - Bakersfield Condors
- Checkers Sign Michigan State Leading Scorer Schepke - Charlotte Checkers
- Game Preview: Rays Host Gwinnett Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Hart Returns From Bridgeport; Mole, Sixsmith Departs - Utah Grizzlies
- Stingrays Add Goalie Reimer - South Carolina Stingrays
- James Reimer Recalled to Toronto - Reading Royals
- Roy re-assigned to Blades from Albany - Florida Everblades
- Tip-A-Grizz Monday At Ruby Tuesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Bombers in Action This Weekend - Dayton Bombers
- ECHL Today - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.