Skinner Returns; Edmondson Signed to SPC
Wichita, KS - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced two separate transactions today. Edmonton has recalled goaltender Stuart Skinner from Bakersfield and assigned him to Wichita. Defenseman Ian Edmondson has been signed to a standard player contract.
Skinner, 20, returns to Wichita for the first time since mid-January. The Edmonton, Alberta native helped Bakersfield during their impressive 17-game winning streak. He has appeared in six games for the Condors this season, going 4-2-0-0 with a 2.99 goals-against average and .879 save percentage. Skinner has played in 30 games for the Thunder this year, going 10-12-1-3 with a goals-against average of 3.20 and .906 save percentage.
Edmondson, 24, turns pro after playing four years at Canisius College. A native of Toronto, Ontario, the 6-foot-1, 205-pounder appeared in 122 games for the Golden Griffins, collecting 34 points (4g, 30a). He was also named as team captain for his senior campaign as well as being named as an assistant in his junior year. During that same season, he was named to the Atlantic Hockey All-Academic Team. Edmondson is a former teammate of current Thunder forward Ralph Cuddemi.
The Thunder continues on their five-game road trip on Friday night against Kansas City starting at 7:05 p.m.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 13, 2019
- Road Warriors: 'Blades Outlast Solar Bears in Shootout Victory - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Prevail in 11-Round Shootout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Atlanta Erases Three Goal Deficit and Takes Win in Epic 11-Round Shootout - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gosselin Wins It for 'Clones in First Pro Game - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Skinner Returns; Edmondson Signed to SPC - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 13 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspensions - ECHL
- Canisius College D Jimmy Mazza Signs with Royals - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Adirondack Adds Forward Hans Gorowsky; Riley Returns - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Care Foundation Donates $5,000 to CMC Breast Care Center - Manchester Monarchs
- Former NHLer Jared Ross Re-Signs with Atlanta - Atlanta Gladiators
- 'Blades Sign Dickman to ATO; Wade Returns from AHL - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Ft. Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cyclones Add Defenseman Gosselin - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Americans and Oilers Meet for the Final Time this Season - Allen Americans
- Keserich and Oilers Dominate Americans 4-0 - Allen Americans
- Oilers Blank Americans 4-0 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.