Americans and Oilers Meet for the Final Time this Season
Allen, Texas - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild, will meet for the final time this season tonight in Allen. Puck drop is at 7:05 pm.
The Americans are coming off a 3-2 win over the Oilers on Saturday night. It was a milestone night for the club, as Americans Head Coach Steve Martinson won his 1,000th game behind the bench. He is the first U.S. born coach to achieve that milestone. He joined the 1,000-win club, alongside Scotty Bowman and the late John Brophy.
The Oilers lead the season series with the Americans this year with a record of 9-3-0. Last Saturday's win was the first for the Americans on home-ice against Tulsa this season. Allen owns the overall season series record between the two teams, since joining the ECHL five years ago, with a record 37-27-4-3.
The Americans are 7-11-0-1 when leading after the second period, compared to Tulsa's 24-0-2-1 record. When outshot by their opponents this season, the Americans have a record of 11-28-4-1.
Zach Pochiro still leads the ECHL in goal scoring this season with 33. Pochiro had his seven-game goal-scoring streak snapped last Saturday night.
CJ Motte is not quite ready to return to the Allen lineup just yet. He's still dealing with an upper-body injury and could return this Sunday. Kevin Sundher was out skating with the team this morning. He's getting closer to returning to the lineup.
Jared Thomas leads the Oilers in scoring this season against Allen, with 13 points (6 goals and 7 assists). Scott Henegar is tied with Thomas in goals scored versus the Americans this season with 6. Adam Pleskach, who is second overall in the league in goals this season with 32, has only one goal against Allen this season in 12 games.
Tonight is the Americans Spring Break Game, with many of the young Americans fans expected in attendance. Tickets are sale NOW at Allen Event Center Box Office or call 972-912-1000.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 13, 2019
- Road Warriors: 'Blades Outlast Solar Bears in Shootout Victory - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Prevail in 11-Round Shootout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Atlanta Erases Three Goal Deficit and Takes Win in Epic 11-Round Shootout - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gosselin Wins It for 'Clones in First Pro Game - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Skinner Returns; Edmondson Signed to SPC - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 13 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspensions - ECHL
- Canisius College D Jimmy Mazza Signs with Royals - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Adirondack Adds Forward Hans Gorowsky; Riley Returns - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Care Foundation Donates $5,000 to CMC Breast Care Center - Manchester Monarchs
- Former NHLer Jared Ross Re-Signs with Atlanta - Atlanta Gladiators
- 'Blades Sign Dickman to ATO; Wade Returns from AHL - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Ft. Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cyclones Add Defenseman Gosselin - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Americans and Oilers Meet for the Final Time this Season - Allen Americans
- Keserich and Oilers Dominate Americans 4-0 - Allen Americans
- Oilers Blank Americans 4-0 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allen Americans Stories
- Riley Gill's #30 to be Retired December 19th
- Allen Americans Build Marketing Unit with Tyler Vertin & Casey Rusnak
- Americans Welcome Back Former Kelly Cup Winner Dyson Stevenson
- Goalie CJ Motte Returns to Allen After a Season in Europe
- Key Information for Allen Americans Ticket Members