Keserich and Oilers Dominate Americans 4-0
Allen, Texas - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild, were blanked the Tulsa Oilers on Tuesday night, 4-0 at Allen Event Center in front of a big crowd on Spring Break Night in Allen.
The Oilers scored three times in the second period. Ian McNulty's goal at the 6:06 mark of the second would be the only goal the Oilers would need. Jared Thomas had two in assists in that second frame to lead the way, as the Oilers jumped over Idaho into first place in the Mountain Division.
With the loss on Tuesday night, the Americans fall to 22-37-4-2. The Americans remain two points ahead of Greenville for the worst record in the ECHL.
Jacob Doty left the game early in the first with an undisclosed injury. The Americans finished the game with just eight healthy forwards.
Oilers goalie Ian Keserich stopped all 21 shots he faced to earn the shutout and the win. It was Keserich's second win over Allen this season.
Tulsa went 1 for 6 on the power play, while the Americans were 0 for 3. Lukas Hafner stopped 36 of 40 shots, suffering the loss. David Makowski led Allen with five shots on goal.
The Americans host the Wichita Thunder on Sunday afternoon at 4:05 pm. Tickets are on sale NOW at www.allenamericans.com.
Americans Next Home Game:
Sunday, March 17th vs. Wichita Thunder
Time: 4:05 pm CST
Venue: Allen Event Center
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 13, 2019
- Road Warriors: 'Blades Outlast Solar Bears in Shootout Victory - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Prevail in 11-Round Shootout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Atlanta Erases Three Goal Deficit and Takes Win in Epic 11-Round Shootout - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gosselin Wins It for 'Clones in First Pro Game - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Skinner Returns; Edmondson Signed to SPC - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 13 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspensions - ECHL
- Canisius College D Jimmy Mazza Signs with Royals - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Adirondack Adds Forward Hans Gorowsky; Riley Returns - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Care Foundation Donates $5,000 to CMC Breast Care Center - Manchester Monarchs
- Former NHLer Jared Ross Re-Signs with Atlanta - Atlanta Gladiators
- 'Blades Sign Dickman to ATO; Wade Returns from AHL - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Ft. Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cyclones Add Defenseman Gosselin - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Americans and Oilers Meet for the Final Time this Season - Allen Americans
- Keserich and Oilers Dominate Americans 4-0 - Allen Americans
- Oilers Blank Americans 4-0 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.