'Blades Sign Dickman to ATO; Wade Returns from AHL
ESTERO, Fla. - The Florida Everblades have signed forward Jay Dickman to an Amateur Tryout (ATO) contract, Everblades head coach Brad Ralph announced on Wednesday.
Additionally, the American Hockey League's Cleveland Monsters have assigned defenseman Justin Wade to the Everblades.
Dickman, 25, recently finished a four-year career at Bemidji State University, where he recorded 30 goals and 55 points in 132 career games. A native of Shoreview, Minnesota, Dickman posted six goals and 10 assists in 38 games this season as a senior with the Beavers. His 16 points were good for seventh on the team, while Dickman's 11 assists were tied for the fifth-most on the Beavers.
Prior to his NCAA Division I career, Dickman played more than two seasons of junior hockey, with a bulk of his time coming with the Austin Bruins of the North American Hockey League. A 6-foot-6, 229-pound left winger, Dickman averaged more than a point per game in his NAHL career, totaling 119 points (51g-68a) in 114 career contests with the Bruins. He also suited up in 12 games for the USHL's Fargo Force in the 2011-12 season and posted five assists.
Wade, 24, has tabbed one point in eight games for the Monsters this season, his first season of professional hockey after playing four seasons for the University of Notre Dame. The Aurora, Illinois, native has logged ice time in 25 games for the Everblades and has potted three assists.
A 6-foot-1, 220-pound defenseman, Wade saw ice time in 117 career games with the Fighting Irish and tabbed 17 career points on two goals and 15 assists. As a senior in 2017-18, Wade helped Notre Dame capture the Big Ten regular season and tournament titles in the program's first season in the conference.
The Everblades start their final road trip of the regular season on Wednesday with a 7 p.m. matchup in Orlando against the Solar Bears.
Ticket packages for the 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs presented by Smile Direct Club and 2019-20 Season Tickets and Flexible Packages are on sale now!
Join the FUN and 'Blades FAMILY by SAVING with Season Tickets or a Flexible Package that fit into your schedule and budget, plus receive FREE gifts and benefits!
SPECIAL OFFER! Purchase a new Season Ticket or Flexible Package for the 2019-20 season and receive a $20 gift card to Ford's Garage and an Everblades tote bag!
Private tours of Hertz Arena are available to select your season seats! Call the Florida Everblades Front Office at 239-948-7825 to schedule your tour today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 13, 2019
- Road Warriors: 'Blades Outlast Solar Bears in Shootout Victory - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Prevail in 11-Round Shootout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Atlanta Erases Three Goal Deficit and Takes Win in Epic 11-Round Shootout - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gosselin Wins It for 'Clones in First Pro Game - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Skinner Returns; Edmondson Signed to SPC - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 13 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspensions - ECHL
- Canisius College D Jimmy Mazza Signs with Royals - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Adirondack Adds Forward Hans Gorowsky; Riley Returns - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Care Foundation Donates $5,000 to CMC Breast Care Center - Manchester Monarchs
- Former NHLer Jared Ross Re-Signs with Atlanta - Atlanta Gladiators
- 'Blades Sign Dickman to ATO; Wade Returns from AHL - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Ft. Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cyclones Add Defenseman Gosselin - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Americans and Oilers Meet for the Final Time this Season - Allen Americans
- Keserich and Oilers Dominate Americans 4-0 - Allen Americans
- Oilers Blank Americans 4-0 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- 'Blades Weekly: Division Semifinals Series with IceMen Shifts to Jacksonville
- Bajkov Returned from AHL's Springfield Thunderbirds
- Mack Attack: McCarron Helps Lead 'Blades to 2-0 Series Lead
- Preview: 'Blades Host IceMen, Seek Two-Game Lead in Series
- Finn-Ishing Touch: Everblades Down IceMen in Overtime