Former NHLer Jared Ross Re-Signs with Atlanta
DULUTH, Ga. - The Atlanta Gladiators announced on Wednesday that they have re-signed forward Jared Ross to a standard professional contract.
Ross, 36, returns to the Gladiators, once again, after coming out of retirement to help the Gladiators who were riddled with injuries and call-ups early this season. Now committed to the team on a more constant basis, Ross has notched four points (1g, 3a) in five games with Atlanta this season. The native of Huntsville, AL played 13 NHL games for the Philadelphia Flyers during his 11-year pro career. The 5-foot-9, 175-pound forward played one game for the Gwinnett Gladiators at the start of his rookie season in 2005-06 before being called up to the AHL and then going on to become one of 23 players to play for the Gladiators and then move on to play in the NHL. The undrafted forward out of the University of Alabama-Huntsville skated in 394 AHL games and posted 298 points (100g, 198a) for Chicago, Philadelphia (Phantoms) and Adirondack. Ross joined the team this morning and will be in the lineup tonight wearing his same #27 as earlier this season.
The 16th season of Atlanta Gladiators hockey continues at the Infinite Energy Arena TONIGHT, March 13th, against the South Carolina Stingrays at 7:35 pm. For ticket information, visit the official team website at www.atlantagladiators.com or call the main office line at 770-497-5100.
The Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation's premier "AA" hockey league. All home games are played at the 9,119-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth - where parking is always free. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for affordable and family-friendly sports entertainment and are consistently ranked as one of the top "Things To Do" in the Atlanta area and across the North Georgia region.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 13, 2019
- Road Warriors: 'Blades Outlast Solar Bears in Shootout Victory - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Prevail in 11-Round Shootout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Atlanta Erases Three Goal Deficit and Takes Win in Epic 11-Round Shootout - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gosselin Wins It for 'Clones in First Pro Game - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Skinner Returns; Edmondson Signed to SPC - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 13 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspensions - ECHL
- Canisius College D Jimmy Mazza Signs with Royals - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Adirondack Adds Forward Hans Gorowsky; Riley Returns - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Care Foundation Donates $5,000 to CMC Breast Care Center - Manchester Monarchs
- Former NHLer Jared Ross Re-Signs with Atlanta - Atlanta Gladiators
- 'Blades Sign Dickman to ATO; Wade Returns from AHL - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Ft. Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cyclones Add Defenseman Gosselin - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Americans and Oilers Meet for the Final Time this Season - Allen Americans
- Keserich and Oilers Dominate Americans 4-0 - Allen Americans
- Oilers Blank Americans 4-0 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Gladiators Stories
- Jerry James Promoted to Team President
- Glads Rally for Postseason Falls Just Short
- Predators Prospect Inks Deal with Atlanta
- South Carolina Survives with Home Victory Setting up Winner-Take-All Game Tomorrow
- Bonar Steals Crucial Point for Atlanta with Miraculous Performance in Net