Adirondack Adds Forward Hans Gorowsky; Riley Returns
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, announced today that they have signed forward Hans Gorowsky on an amateur try-out contract. In addition, forward Conor Riley has returned to the Thunder after he was released from his PTO by the AHL's Providence Bruins.
Gorowsky, 24, completed his four-year collegiate career at the University of Alabama-Huntsville. He recorded his best year for the Chargers this season after he collected a career-high 19 points (12g-7a) from 38 games played, leading the squad in goals scored and total points.
Prior to playing collegiately, Gorowsky skated a pair of seasons with the NAHL's Fairbanks Ice Dogs in Alaska. The Lino Lakes, MN native appeared in 114 regular-season NAHL games, while racking up 88 points (32g-56a), 67 PIM and a +27 rating.
Riley, 26, re-joins the Thunder roster after his second AHL stint of the season. The Massena, NY native appeared in three games for Providence but did not record a point. The third-year pro has now skated in five career AHL games.
The Thunder hit the ice for a trio of games at Cool Insuring Arena this weekend. Adirondack hosts Newfoundland for games on Friday and Saturday evenings before finishing the weekend as Reading comes into town for a St. Patrick's Day afternoon contest. For the latest Thunder news, follow the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @ECHLThunder.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 13, 2019
- Road Warriors: 'Blades Outlast Solar Bears in Shootout Victory - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Prevail in 11-Round Shootout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Atlanta Erases Three Goal Deficit and Takes Win in Epic 11-Round Shootout - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gosselin Wins It for 'Clones in First Pro Game - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Skinner Returns; Edmondson Signed to SPC - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 13 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspensions - ECHL
- Canisius College D Jimmy Mazza Signs with Royals - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Adirondack Adds Forward Hans Gorowsky; Riley Returns - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Care Foundation Donates $5,000 to CMC Breast Care Center - Manchester Monarchs
- Former NHLer Jared Ross Re-Signs with Atlanta - Atlanta Gladiators
- 'Blades Sign Dickman to ATO; Wade Returns from AHL - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Ft. Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cyclones Add Defenseman Gosselin - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Americans and Oilers Meet for the Final Time this Season - Allen Americans
- Keserich and Oilers Dominate Americans 4-0 - Allen Americans
- Oilers Blank Americans 4-0 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Adirondack Thunder Stories
- Goaltender Connor Ingram Becomes Eighth Thunder Alumnus to Play in NHL
- Thunder Welcome Sellout Crowd on Opening Night
- Thunder Announce Season-Opening Roster
- Thunder Acquire Defenseman Ivan Chukarov from Nailers
- Thunder Announce Guidelines for 2021-22 Home Games