Silver Knights Fall to Firebirds at Home, 3-2
December 4, 2022 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Henderson Silver Knights News Release
The Henderson Silver Knights lost in the shootout to the Coachella Valley Firebirds, 3-2, on Saturday evening at The Dollar Loan Center. Jonas Rondbjerg scored the titular Lucky Launch goal, while Byron Froese recorded two points.
The first period remained scoreless, with both goaltenders making strong saves.
The Firebirds opened the scoring midway through the second. Rafferty put Coachella up by one with an unassisted goal from the blue line.
Rondbjergtied it up at 11:34 in the second period. He left the penalty box and grabbed the puck on a breakaway to score the Lucky Launch goal.
Coachella regained the lead late in the third. Alexander True, assisted by Jesper Froden and Tye Kartye, made it a 2-1 game.
Pavel Dorofeyev tied it back up late in the third period. He tipped Froese's rebound past the Coachella goaltender to send the game to overtime.
The game then proceeded to the shootout. The first two skaters for each team scored, but Henderson was denied on their third attempt. Andrew Poturalski succeeded on the Firebirds' third attempt, securing them the win.
Michael Hutchinson stopped 26 of 28 shots for a .928 save percentage on the night.
The Silver Knights will continue their season away tomorrow on Wednesday, Dec. 7, in Ontario. Puck drop is set for 7 p.m., and fans can tune in on 1230 The Game or on AHL TV with subscription.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 4, 2022
- Belleville Sens Fall to Marlies at Coca-Cola Coliseum - Belleville Senators
- Canucks Complete Laval Sweep, Defeat Rocket 6-3 - Abbotsford Canucks
- Barracuda Race Past Roadrunners 4-3 in OT - San Jose Barracuda
- Roadrunners Earn Standings Point in Series Finale with San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Shuts out Chicago in McIntyre's 250th AHL Game, 7-0 - Iowa Wild
- Bears Suffer 7-3 Loss to Penguins - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Demolish Bears with Dominant, 7-3 Victory - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolves Fall to Wild 7-0 - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Fire Season-High 47 Shots, But Fall 3-1 to Bruins - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Thunderbirds Hold back Islanders, 3-1 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Panthers Recall Chris Tierney, Checkers Recall Xavier Cormier - Charlotte Checkers
- Kinkaid's 46 Saves Lift P-Bruins Past Wolf Pack 3-1 - Providence Bruins
- Hofer Delivers Huge Performance in T-Birds Win at Bridgeport - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Roadrunners' Bokondji Imama, Jan Jenik Suspended - AHL
- Barratt and Kile to ECHL - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Sign Goaltender Justin Kapelmaster to PTO - Hershey Bears
- Monsters Assign Goaltender Pavel Cajan to ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings - Cleveland Monsters
- Blackhawks Recall Stauber from Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolf Pack Visit Bruins for First of Ten Meetings this Season - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild vs. Chicago Wolves - Iowa Wild
- Belleville Sens Sign Defenceman Alex Breton to Professional Tryout Offer - Belleville Senators
- Toronto Marlies Wrap up Weekend with Battle against Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- Bridgeport Islanders Host Thunderbirds at 3 p.m. Today - Bridgeport Islanders
- Game #19 - Roadrunners at Barracuda - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wranglers Win Fourth-Straight - Calgary Wranglers
- Barracuda Toss Tucson, 4-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- Abbotsford Canucks Win Wild 7-5 Game Against Laval On Teddy Bear Toss Night - Abbotsford Canucks
- Silver Knights Fall to Firebirds at Home, 3-2 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Firebirds Edge Silver Knights in Shootout Win, 3-2 - Coachella Valley Firebirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Henderson Silver Knights Stories
- Series Preview: March 29 & 31 vs. Calgary
- Follow the Golden Brick Road: Patera's NHL Debut
- Gage Quinney Named Howie's Hockey Tape/AHL Player of the Week
- Silver Knights Defeated by Firebirds in Second Half of Back-To-Back
- Silver Knights Triumph Over Firebirds, 7-4