Riley Damiani Named AHL Rookie of the Month
CEDAR PARK, Texas - The Texas Stars, American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars, announced that rookie center Riley Damiani has been named the CCM / AHL Rookie of the Month after recording four goals and 11 assists for 15 points in 10 games in March. Damiani's run to the award included a stretch of five consecutive multi-point games from Mar. 13 to Mar. 30.
Damiani helped the Stars to a sweep of their three-game visit to Tucson to begin the month, notching an assist each on Mar. 3 and Mar. 5 before netting the game-winning goal and another assist on Mar. 6. He recorded his first pro hat trick on Mar. 13, scoring all three Texas goals against Colorado, then registered four straight outings with two assists apiece to move one point off the league lead in scoring.
A fifth-round selection by Dallas in the 2018 NHL Draft, Damiani ranks first among all AHL rookies, ranks second among all AHL skaters with 17 assists, and is tied for second overall with 23 points (6-1723) in 17 games this season. The 21-year-old native of Mississauga, Ontario, played four years of junior hockey with Kitchener (OHL), leading the team in scoring and serving as captain in 2019-20.
Texas and the Iowa Wild will play two more games this week, beginning with a Friday matchup on Apr. 2 at 7 p.m. for their third game in four nights.
The Texas Stars are the primary development affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars. For more information, call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit TexasStars.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 1, 2021
- Dallas Stars Sign Goaltender Adam Scheel to Two-Year, Entry-Level Contract - Texas Stars
- No Foolin': Mrazek Makes 43 Saves to Beat Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Mrazek, Wolves Reject Griffins - Chicago Wolves
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Ben Thomas to Taxi Squad - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Changes - AHL
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Changes - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Games in Colorado Postponed - Bakersfield Condors
- Monsters Annual Purple Game Returns Saturday Versus Griffins - Cleveland Monsters
- Laczynski and Sandin Recalled to Flyers - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Riley Damiani Named AHL Rookie of the Month - Texas Stars
- Benson and Marody Named Co-Winners of the CCM / AHL Player of the Month Award - Bakersfield Condors
- Benson, Marody, Damiani, Thompson Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for March - AHL
- Logan Thompson Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Henderson Silver Knights
- A Winning Experience for Ryan Poehling - Laval Rocket
- Stars Fall in Tight Game with Wild - Texas Stars
- Hex over Ontario Continues with Easy Win - San Diego Gulls
- Tucson Falls To Henderson 3-1, Manage 45 Shots On Goal And A Power-Play Score - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign No Match for Gulls Wednesday - Ontario Reign
- Make It Three Straight: Marlies Skate Past Heat 5-2 - Toronto Marlies
- Henderson Victorious, 3-1, in First Game against Tucson - Henderson Silver Knights
- Iowa Shuts Down Stars in 2-1 Win - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Stars Stories
- AHL Athletic Trainers Selected as Winners of Yanick Dupre Memorial Award
- Max Martin Returns to Texas on AHL Deal
- Anthony Louis Re-Signs AHL Deal with Stars
- Ryan Daniels Hired as Texas Stars Goaltender Development Coach
- AHL Plans for Schedule Unification, Stars Will Play 72 Games in 2021-22