Logan Thompson Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month
HENDERSON - The American Hockey League announced today, April 1, that Silver Knights rookie goaltender Logan Thompson has been named the CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month for the month of March. Thompson receives the award for the second consecutive month after earning the honors in February.
Thompson, 24, boasted a record of 6-1-0 in the month of March, with a 1.86 goals-against average and a .950 save percentage. The Calgary, Alberta native finished the month with 44 saves in a 3-1 victory over the Tucson Roadrunners on March 31, immediately following a 42-save win over the Colorado Eagles on March 27.
The 6-foot-4 Thompson is tied for the AHL lead with ten wins this season and leads the league with a .947 save percentage. He ranks second in the AHL with a 1.84 goals-against average, though he has played 296 more minutes than the league leader.
The Silver Knights rookie becomes the first goaltender to win the award twice in the same season since Alex Nedeljkovic won twice for the Charlotte Checkers during the 2018-19 season. Thompson is the first goaltender to win the award in consecutive months since Michael Hutchinson won in November and December 2017 for the Manitoba Moose.
Thompson signed an entry-level contract with the Vegas Golden Knights on Jul. 13, 2020. He was the starting goaltender for the first game in Silver Knights history, a 5-2 win over the Ontario Reign on February 6.
Thompson had made one AHL appearance prior to this season, playing one game for the Binghamton Devils in 2018-19. He spent the 2019-20 season with the ECHL's South Carolina Stingrays, going 23-8-1 with a 2.25 goals-against average, a .929 save percentage, and three shutouts. In 2018-19, he was the USports (OUA West) Rookie of the Year and Goaltender of the Year at Brock University.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 1, 2021
- Dallas Stars Sign Goaltender Adam Scheel to Two-Year, Entry-Level Contract - Texas Stars
- No Foolin': Mrazek Makes 43 Saves to Beat Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Mrazek, Wolves Reject Griffins - Chicago Wolves
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Ben Thomas to Taxi Squad - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Changes - AHL
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Changes - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Games in Colorado Postponed - Bakersfield Condors
- Monsters Annual Purple Game Returns Saturday Versus Griffins - Cleveland Monsters
- Laczynski and Sandin Recalled to Flyers - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Riley Damiani Named AHL Rookie of the Month - Texas Stars
- Benson and Marody Named Co-Winners of the CCM / AHL Player of the Month Award - Bakersfield Condors
- Benson, Marody, Damiani, Thompson Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for March - AHL
- Logan Thompson Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Henderson Silver Knights
- A Winning Experience for Ryan Poehling - Laval Rocket
- Stars Fall in Tight Game with Wild - Texas Stars
- Hex over Ontario Continues with Easy Win - San Diego Gulls
- Tucson Falls To Henderson 3-1, Manage 45 Shots On Goal And A Power-Play Score - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign No Match for Gulls Wednesday - Ontario Reign
- Make It Three Straight: Marlies Skate Past Heat 5-2 - Toronto Marlies
- Henderson Victorious, 3-1, in First Game against Tucson - Henderson Silver Knights
- Iowa Shuts Down Stars in 2-1 Win - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Henderson Silver Knights Stories
- AHL Board of Governors Approves Plan for Schedule Unification
- Ryan Murphy Wins Eddie Shore Award
- Logan Thompson Wins Aldege "Baz" Bastien Memorial Award
- Henderson Falls to Bakersfield, 3-2 in Pacific Division Final
- Silver Knights Force Game 3 in Pacific Division Final