Redbirds Return Home Riding Four-Game Winning Streak
OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma - Drew Robinson and Lane Thomas were each on base four times, and every Memphis Redbird starting position player reached base at least once in a 9-6 win in the series finale with the Oklahoma City Dodgers (Dodgers) Monday night in Oklahoma City, Okla.
The Redbirds (33-44) have won four-straight games.
Edmundo Sosa led the Memphis offense with a three-hit game, and Tyler O'Neill and Robinson had two-hit outings. Thomas walked three times in addition to a double, and he also had an outfield assist at the plate. Kramer Robertson, the only Redbird starter without a hit, drew two walks and scored a run.
Sosa had his fifth triple of the season, which is tied for the fourth-most in the Pacific Coast League.
The Redbirds had a 7-2 lead before Oklahoma City (30-45) scored four times in the bottom of the eighth to tighten the lead to 7-6, but O'Neill led off to the top of the ninth with his 10th home run of the season. Pinch-runner John Nogowski then scored on an error to give Memphis a 9-6 advantage.
Chasen Shreve allowed a single in a scoreless bottom of the ninth to finish the victory.
Adolis Garcia jammed the box score with an RBI double, a walk, two runs scored, and two stolen bases.
Chris Ellis picked up the victory with 2.1 shutout innings in relief of Mike Hauschild. Ellis allowed three hits and struck out four.
The Redbirds return to AutoZone Park tomorrow night at 6:35 to start a nine-game homestand against the Nashville Sounds (Rangers) and New Orleans Baby Cakes (Marlins). Memphis is home through its Independence Day Celebration presented by AutoZone on Wednesday, July 3.
Upcoming Games of Note at AutoZone Park
Tuesday, June 25 at 6:35: Rockey's Yard Sale, with fans able to purchase items in the 3rd Base Cove during the game
Wednesday, June 26 at 6:35: Woof Wednesday presented by Invisible Fence Brand of Memphis with dogs able to come to the stadium along with their parents
Thursday, June 27 at 7:05: Throwback Thursday presented by Polk's Meat Products featuring the Redbirds suiting up as the Memphis Chicks and throwback concession pricing of $2 beers and $1 Polk's hot dogs; green hat giveaway on Silky O'Sullivan's Irish Heritage Night
Friday, June 28 at 7:05: Wizards & Wands Night featuring a handmade wand specialty ticket at www.memphisredbirds.com/wizardsandwands; All-You-Can-Eat Night specialty ticket presented by Dave & Buster's featuring an all-you-can-eat wings buffet and a free $15 Dave & Buster's Power Card available at www.memphisredbirds.com/allyoucaneat
Saturday, June 29 at 6:35: Terminix Saturday Fireworks Show after the game; Yadier Molina and Roberto Clemente Double Bobblehead specialty ticket available at www.memphisredbirds.com/cardinals; Win-a-Rolex Contest presented by Sissy's Log Cabin with fans able to register a guess of the time the game will end to win a $5,400 Rolex watch
Sunday, June 30 at 2:05: Prairie Farms Ice Cream Sunday (free ice cream for kids upon entering); pregame player autographs presented by Allegiant Air; kids run the bases after the game
Monday, July 1 at 6:35: the Redbirds will take the field as the Memphis Música as part of Minor League Baseball's "Copa de la Diversión" series
Tuesday, July 2 at 6:35: "Stranger Wings" Night two days before the season premiere of the television series Stranger Things, with an exclusive "Stranger Wings" t-shirt available with a specialty ticket purchase at www.memphisredbirds.com/strangerwings
Wednesday, July 3 at 6:35: Independence Day Celebration presented by AutoZone with a hamburger/hot dog buffet specialty ticket available at www.memphisredbirds.com/4thofJuly
For more information on the 2019 season, visit www.memphisredbirds.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 25, 2019
- Nashville Wins Series Opener in Memphis - Nashville Sounds
- Rick Sweet Reaches 2,000 Career Wins - San Antonio Missions
- Swarmer, I-Cubs Calm Storm Chasers - Iowa Cubs
- Taco Truck Throwdown 9: August 17 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (31-45) at Memphis Redbirds (33-44) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (33-44) vs Nashville Sounds (31-45) - Memphis Redbirds
- Chihuahuas Unveil Stars and Stripes Jerseys for GECU Independence Day Celebration - El Paso Chihuahuas
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 25, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Return Home Saturday for Five-Game Homestand - Nashville Sounds
- Aviators Cap Homestand in Style, Rout River Cats 15-6 - Las Vegas Aviators
- River Cats leave Las Vegas with series victory despite ugly finale - Sacramento River Cats
- Bees Claw Past Grizz - Salt Lake Bees
- Looking to Regain the Momentum - San Antonio Missions
- Mariscal Crushes Walk-Off Grand Slam in Extras against El Paso - Tacoma Rainiers
- Grand Slam Dooms Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Salt Lake outlasts Fresno 14-9 as Kieboom stays hot - Fresno Grizzlies
- Redbirds Exit OKC with 9-6 Win Monday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Return Home Riding Four-Game Winning Streak - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Redbirds Stories
- 9,123 Fans Jam AutoZone Park for Triple-A National Championship Game
- Triple-A National Champion to be Crowned Tomorrow Night
- Triple-A Baseball, Allegiant Announce Historic On-Field Jersey Partnership
- Redbirds, "I Love Memphis" Partner for $5 Tickets for Triple-A National Championship Game
- Ponce de Leon Named Pacific Coast League Player of the Month