Bees Claw Past Grizz
SALT LAKE CITY - The Salt Lake Bees took the series finale against the Fresno Grizzlies 14-9 on Monday night.
The Grizzlies offense batted through their lineup and posted six runs in the first inning, but the Bees bounced back by plating seven runs after two innings of play to take a 7-6 lead. Both clubs traded runs in the next three frames and were knotted at 9-9. The momentum began to swing in the Bees favor in the sixth after Taylor Cole escaped a bases loaded situation and Taylor Ward hit a solo home run to break the tie giving Salt Lake a 10-9 advantage. In the next inning, the Bees collected four runs to add to their lead with two RBI-singles, a sacrifice fly and scoring off a wild pitch. Salt Lake pitching staff held Fresno scoreless for the last five innings of the game as Cole, Kaleb Cowart and Zac Ryan combined to strike out five and allowed just four hits over the final five frames.
Cole (3-0) took the winning decision after pitching three scoreless relief innings and striking out four batters. The Bees bats registered 14 runs on 16 hits with Ward leading the way, going 4-for-4 and homered for the third consecutive game. Jarrett Parker's franchise record six-game streak of hitting a home run game was snapped after he went 0-for-5, falling one short of the PCL record of 7. The top third of the Bees lineup of Ward, Matt Thaiss and Michael Hermosillo combined for nine hits and eight runs scored. Fresno took the season series nine games to seven. Over the 16 game season series the two teams combined for 284 runs on 368 hits.
The Bees homestand continues on Tuesday as the Reno Aces come to Salt Lake for a four game series. First pitch for all four games comes at 7:05 p.m. with Stingers throwback night on Tuesday and Utah Jazz night on Friday.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 25, 2019
- Nashville Wins Series Opener in Memphis - Nashville Sounds
- Rick Sweet Reaches 2,000 Career Wins - San Antonio Missions
- Swarmer, I-Cubs Calm Storm Chasers - Iowa Cubs
- Taco Truck Throwdown 9: August 17 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (31-45) at Memphis Redbirds (33-44) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (33-44) vs Nashville Sounds (31-45) - Memphis Redbirds
- Chihuahuas Unveil Stars and Stripes Jerseys for GECU Independence Day Celebration - El Paso Chihuahuas
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 25, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Return Home Saturday for Five-Game Homestand - Nashville Sounds
- Aviators Cap Homestand in Style, Rout River Cats 15-6 - Las Vegas Aviators
- River Cats leave Las Vegas with series victory despite ugly finale - Sacramento River Cats
- Bees Claw Past Grizz - Salt Lake Bees
- Looking to Regain the Momentum - San Antonio Missions
- Mariscal Crushes Walk-Off Grand Slam in Extras against El Paso - Tacoma Rainiers
- Grand Slam Dooms Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Salt Lake outlasts Fresno 14-9 as Kieboom stays hot - Fresno Grizzlies
- Redbirds Exit OKC with 9-6 Win Monday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Return Home Riding Four-Game Winning Streak - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake Bees Stories
- Salt Lake Bees Rank in MiLB Top 25 Merchandise Sales
- Salt Lake Bees Statement on Minor League Baseball
- Larry H. Miller Group of Companies Announces Massive Food Drive at LHM Dealerships, Megaplex Theatres and Sports Facilities
- MiLB Launches CommUNITY First Campaign
- Salt Lake Bees Announce Ticket PolicyÃÂ