Redbirds Exit OKC with 9-6 Win Monday
Oklahoma City - The Memphis Redbirds scored in five different innings in a 9-6 win against the Oklahoma City Dodgers Monday night in the series finale between the teams at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
The Dodgers (30-45) scored all of their runs via three homers, including two by Zack Reks and one by Edwin RÃ-os.
Oklahoma City cut Memphis' lead to one run in the eighth inning scoring four runs on two homers before the Redbirds tacked on two more runs in the top of the ninth inning in the win.
Oklahoma City suffered a fourth straight loss, as the Redbirds (33-44) won the five-game series between the teams, 4-1.
The Redbirds also took the game's first lead for the fourth consecutive time against the Dodgers Monday.
Edmundo Sosa led off the game with a triple, then scored on a RBI double by Adolis Garcia for a 1-0 Memphis lead in the first inning.
The Redbirds loaded the bases with none out in the second inning. Memphis pitcher Mike Hauschild hit a grounder to OKC pitcher Dennis Santana, who threw home to force out the lead runner. Catcher Rocky Gale then threw toward first base, but his throw was offline, allowing two runs to score on the throwing error for a 3-0 Memphis lead.
Dodgers pitcher Santana drew a walk with one out in the third inning. Reks followed and hit a two-run home run out to right field to cut Memphis' lead to 3-2.
Rangel Ravelo scored on a wild pitch in the fifth inning for a 4-2 Memphis lead. The Redbirds later loaded the bases and Lane Thomas drew a walk to bring in another run for a 5-2 lead.
The Dodgers loaded the bases in the bottom of the fifth inning on two singles and an error with one out, but Memphis pitcher Chris Ellis got Jake Peter to strike out and Gale to fly out to escape the jam and keep Memphis in a 5-2 lead.
Memphis tacked on two more runs in the seventh inning. Garcia walked, stole second base and scored when Tyler O'Neill singled on a line drive to left field for a 6-2 advantage. Memphis went on to load the bases and pinch-hitter Irving Lopez brought home a run when he hit into a fielder's choice for a 7-2 lead.
Ben Moore led off the bottom of the eighth inning for Oklahoma City and scored on a two-run homer by Reks out to right field to cut Memphis' lead to 7-4. Reks boosted his season home run total to 11 Monday night.
Cameron Perkins followed with a single before RÃ-os hit a two-run homer out to left-center field to cut Memphis' lead to one run, 7-6.
But the Redbirds gained some breathing room in the ninth inning. O'Neill led off with a solo homer and the Redbirds later tacked on a run on a fielding error by Dodgers shortstop Angelo Mora for a 9-6 lead.
Dodgers starting pitcher Santana (2-5) was charged with the loss, allowing five runs (three earned) and six hits. He recorded three strikeouts and issued a season-high six walks as Oklahoma City pitchers combined to allow a team season-high 11 walks in the defeat.
Memphis pitcher Chris Ellis (2-2) pitched 2.1 scoreless innings with one walk and four strikeouts in the win.
The Dodgers outhit Memphis, 14-11, Monday night, led by RÃ-os' three hits. Reks, Cameron Perkins and Rocky Gale all finished with multi-hit games as well and Reks recorded a game-high four RBI.
The Dodgers remain home and open a four-game series against the New Orleans Baby Cakes at 7:05 p.m. Tuesday at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
Tickets are available through the OKC Dodgers ticket office located on South Mickey Mantle Drive, by phone at (405) 218-2182, or by visiting okcdodgers.com.
Live radio coverage of each game begins 15 minutes before first pitch on AM 1340 "The Game," 1340thegame.com and through the free iHeartRadio or MiLB First Pitch apps.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 25, 2019
- Nashville Wins Series Opener in Memphis - Nashville Sounds
- Rick Sweet Reaches 2,000 Career Wins - San Antonio Missions
- Swarmer, I-Cubs Calm Storm Chasers - Iowa Cubs
- Taco Truck Throwdown 9: August 17 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (31-45) at Memphis Redbirds (33-44) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (33-44) vs Nashville Sounds (31-45) - Memphis Redbirds
- Chihuahuas Unveil Stars and Stripes Jerseys for GECU Independence Day Celebration - El Paso Chihuahuas
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 25, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Return Home Saturday for Five-Game Homestand - Nashville Sounds
- Aviators Cap Homestand in Style, Rout River Cats 15-6 - Las Vegas Aviators
- River Cats leave Las Vegas with series victory despite ugly finale - Sacramento River Cats
- Bees Claw Past Grizz - Salt Lake Bees
- Looking to Regain the Momentum - San Antonio Missions
- Mariscal Crushes Walk-Off Grand Slam in Extras against El Paso - Tacoma Rainiers
- Grand Slam Dooms Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Salt Lake outlasts Fresno 14-9 as Kieboom stays hot - Fresno Grizzlies
- Redbirds Exit OKC with 9-6 Win Monday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Return Home Riding Four-Game Winning Streak - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.