Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Round Rock Express
San Antonio Missions (48-29) vs. Round Rock Express (45-31)
Game #78/Home Game #37
Tuesday, June 25, 7:05 p.m.
Nelson Wolff Stadium
MiLB.tv / KONO 860 AM
RHP Thomas Jankins (6-2, 3.77) vs. RHP Akeem Bostick (4-3, 5.69)
Approaching 2,000: Missions Manager Rick Sweet is coming up on career win number 2,000. His 1,999 career wins are good for 12th all-time and are the second most among active managers. Sweet would become the 12th manager in MiLB history to accumulate 2,000 wins. Single-A South Bend's Buddy Bailey is the active wins leader with 2,108. Sweet has a career record of 1,999-1,891.
Homer Streaks: Infielder Lucas Erceg has homered in back-to-back games for the fifth time in his career. He also did so from August 9-11, 2016 while with Single-A Wisconsin, twice with Double-A Biloxi in 2018 from July 15-16 and July 26-27. He has homered in three consecutive games once in his career. He accomplished that feat from July 26-29, 2017 with Advanced-A Carolina. It is the eighth time this season a Missions player has homered in back-to-back games. Mauricio Dubon, Jake Hager, Keston Hiura (twice), Nate Orf have also done so while Trent Grisham and Corey Ray are the only Missions players to go deep in three straight ball games.
Give Him the Ball: The Missions have had lots of success this season but especially when Thomas Jankins takes the mound. San Antonio is 9-2 in games Jankins starts including each of the his last five and are scoring 5.3 runs per game in those contests. Jankins holds a 3.32 ERA in June, which is good for fifth in the PCL and his three wins this month are tied for second.
Monthly Records: San Antonio is close to setting a number of franchise records for a single month since 2005 when MLBAM began compiling statistics. [cid:image001.png@01D52B77.43776B60]
I-35 Series: The Missions and Express continue the season-long I-35 series tonight. The two teams have played half of the 16 scheduled games against each other and the Express currently lead the series 5-3 while San Antonio has a 2.5 game lead in the American Southern Division standings. The first team to nine wins takes home the coveted "Traffic Cone" trophy. San Antonio and Round Rock also met during their Texas League days from 2000-04.
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING
Jerry Briggs (@BriggsMissions) The Missions host the Round Rock Express Tuesday night at Wolff Stadium in a Pacific Coast League showdown. The Missions lead Round Rock by 2 and 1/2 games in the American Southern Division race. atmilb.com/2FsM3Go
San Antonio Missions (@missionsmilb) This Sunday is another Bark in the Park Night at The Wolff! [ðï¸] bit.ly/2MYat0z
TODAY'S TRANSACTIONS RHP Burch Smith placed on the Temporary Inactive List (retroactive to 6/24) RHP Corbin Burnes optioned (6/22) and activated OF Tyrone Taylor reinstated from the Injured List
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 25, 2019
- Nashville Wins Series Opener in Memphis - Nashville Sounds
- Rick Sweet Reaches 2,000 Career Wins - San Antonio Missions
- Swarmer, I-Cubs Calm Storm Chasers - Iowa Cubs
- Taco Truck Throwdown 9: August 17 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (31-45) at Memphis Redbirds (33-44) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (33-44) vs Nashville Sounds (31-45) - Memphis Redbirds
- Chihuahuas Unveil Stars and Stripes Jerseys for GECU Independence Day Celebration - El Paso Chihuahuas
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 25, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Return Home Saturday for Five-Game Homestand - Nashville Sounds
- Aviators Cap Homestand in Style, Rout River Cats 15-6 - Las Vegas Aviators
- River Cats leave Las Vegas with series victory despite ugly finale - Sacramento River Cats
- Bees Claw Past Grizz - Salt Lake Bees
- Looking to Regain the Momentum - San Antonio Missions
- Mariscal Crushes Walk-Off Grand Slam in Extras against El Paso - Tacoma Rainiers
- Grand Slam Dooms Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Salt Lake outlasts Fresno 14-9 as Kieboom stays hot - Fresno Grizzlies
- Redbirds Exit OKC with 9-6 Win Monday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Return Home Riding Four-Game Winning Streak - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.