Red Bull Arena to Host Greece, Costa Rica for International Friendly
HARRISON, N.J. - Red Bull Arena will host the national teams of Greece and Costa Rica for an international friendly during the March FIFA window. The teams will meet on Thursday, March 26, with kickoff set for 8 p.m.
New York Red Bulls Red Members will have access to an exclusive presale window today, February 21, at 10 a.m. ET. Tickets go on-sale to the general public today at noon. For more information, call 1.877.727.6223.
Costa Rica, which has qualified for the last two World Cups, is managed by RÃ³nald GonzÃ¡lez Brenes, who has been with the team since September of 2019. Los Ticos are led on the field by Giancarlo Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), RÃ³nald Mattarita (NYCFC), Johan Venegas (Saprissa), Keylor Navas (Paris Saint-Germain) and Marco Ureña (Alajuelense). Costa Rica is coming off of a win and draw in its most recent action in the Concacaf Nations League in November.
Costa Rica are no strangers to Red Bull Arena, having played multiple matches at RBA, including Gold Cup as recently as 2019, and a World Cup Qualifier against the USMNT in 2017.
Greece is led by head coach John van 't Schip, who was given the head coaching job in July of 2019. In six games with the Greece national team, van 't Schip has a 3-2-1 record, including a current three-match win streak. The squad includes captain Kostas Stafylidis (1899 Hoffenheim), Kostas Mitroglu (Marseille), Leonardo Koutris (Mallorca) and Efthymis Koulouris (Toulouse).
Greece has also previously played at Red Bull Arena, facing Bolivia in the run up to their 2014 World Cup appearance.
Since opening in 2010, Red Bull Arena has been a frequent host of international friendlies, including appearances by the United States Men's & Women's National teams, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru, as well as numerous top club sides from around the world.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 21, 2020
- LA Galaxy x Black Arrow FC to Collaborate for 2020 Season - LA Galaxy
- Colorado Rapids Loan Anderson, Rodriguez, Jackson and Rwatubyaye to Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC - Colorado Rapids
- New York Red Bulls Sign Cristian Casseres Jr to New MLS Contract - New York Red Bulls
- LA Galaxy Sign Midfielder Jonathan Perez to Homegrown Player Contract - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Announces Details for Celebrate25 Week Leading up to 2020 Home Opener on February 29 - FC Dallas
- Orlando City SC Signs 2020 MLS SuperDraft Selection Joey DeZart - Orlando City SC
- Colorado Rapids Loan Matt Hundley to Memphis 901 FC - Colorado Rapids
- Toronto FC Signs MLS SuperDraft Pick Achara - Toronto FC
- Major League Soccer Canada and Kellogg Canada Announce Multi-Year Partnership - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Announces 2020 Television Broadcast Schedule & Talent Team - Columbus Crew SC
- Whitecaps FC Welcome GE Appliances Canada as Newest Partner - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC, Estrella Media Announce Spanish-Language Broadcast TV Partnership - Los Angeles FC
- D.C. United and WJLA 24/7 News Reach Deal to Televise Matches in 2020 - D.C. United
- Minnesota United Announces 2020 Broadcast Schedule - Minnesota United FC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Midfielder Rey Ortiz - FC Cincinnati
- 2020 Single-Match Tickets Now on Sale for All Chicago Fire FC Matches at Soldier Field - Chicago Fire
- Red Bull Arena to Host Greece, Costa Rica for International Friendly - New York Red Bulls
- Nashville SC Collaborates with Judah & the Lion to Create Official Club Anthem - Nashville SC
- D.C. United and Julian Gressel Agree to Long-Term Contract - D.C. United
- YES Network to Televise 26 New York City FC Matches in 2020 - New York City FC
- Columbus Crew SC Reveals 2020 Promotional Calendar - Columbus Crew SC
- Sounders FC Plays to 2-2 Draw with CD Olimpia in First Leg of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 Matchup - Seattle Sounders FC
- Game Notes: AD San Carlos 3 - 5 New York City FC - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Return to Individual Training
- New York Red Bulls Announce Youth Programs Partnership with Centercourt FC
- New York Red Bulls Update on Red Bulls Academy
- Aaron Long to Represent New York Red Bulls in eMLS Tournament Special on FS1 and Fox Deportes
- New York Red Bulls Statement on NYCFC Confirmed Case of COVID-19