LAFC, Estrella Media Announce Spanish-Language Broadcast TV Partnership
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) announced today that Estrella Media will be the Club's Official Spanish Broadcast TV Partner for the 2020 season in the Greater Los Angeles market. The agreement provides EstrellaTV 62 with exclusive rights to all locally broadcast LAFC regular season matches.
"Our new partnership with Estrella Media reinforces our Club's commitment to providing our fans and supporters with an unparalleled viewing experience and LAFC coverage," said LAFC EVP and CBO Larry Freedman. "We are proud to welcome Estrella Media to the Black & Gold community and look forward to this fully-integrated relationship."
EstrellaTV 62 will televise 17 of the Club's 34 regular season contests during the 2020 campaign, beginning with LAFC's road match against the Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Saturday, April 11 at 7:00 p.m. PT.
In addition to broadcasting eight home and nine away LAFC matches, EstrellaTV 62's coverage will include 30-minute pre and postgame shows, as well as exclusive content and original behind-the-scenes access to training, matches, and more.
"LAFC is part of the fabric of LA and we are honored to be joining the Black & Gold family. Estrella Media's community is passionate about soccer and we are excited to bring the fastest growing MLS franchise to our audience," said Peter Markham, CEO, Estrella Media, Inc. "We also look forward to bringing the excitement of the events surrounding the matches to our community through innovative pre-match activations that will immerse the audience into the match-day experience."
LAFC's Spanish-language broadcasts will be anchored by Francisco X. Rivera as the play-by-play commentator and Alexandra Stergios as the sideline reporter, while the color analyst will be announced at a later date.
Rivera is a 14-year seasoned sports broadcasting veteran who has served as the lead sports anchor for Estrella TV 62 since 2016, hosting all of the station's Los Angeles coverage, and special events on a national level. Prior to Estrella TV, Rivera also worked as a sports anchor for ESPN Deportes Radio, FOX Deportes, KWHY-22, and Fox Sports West.
Stergios launched her sports broadcasting career in her native Mexico in 2013 where she was lead sports announcer on Zector Deportivo, an Internet radio program. From 2014 to 2017 she held various roles at Radio Capital 830 AM Estadio Deportes and Poder Mexico Radio. She joined EstrellaTV 62 as a sports anchor in 2018 and since then has held various anchor responsibilities for the 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. local news, as well as EstrellaTV's national newscasts.
EstrellaTV 62 will also produce a pre-pre-game half-hour show from Banc of California Stadium focusing on LAFC fans and the experience before the match featuring live performances by well-known artists.
The 30-minute pre-game show will include player interviews and break down the action before the game. The EstrellaTV 62 halftime show will cover all the highlights from the first half of play, and the post-game wrap up will feature player interviews and analysis.
EstrellaTV 62 is an Estrella Media owned and operated television station serving Southern California. It is the flagship television property of Estrella Media and its EstrellaTV television network, located in Burbank, California. EstrellaTV 62 is available on most local cable carriers, for more information please check your local listings.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 21, 2020
- LA Galaxy x Black Arrow FC to Collaborate for 2020 Season - LA Galaxy
- Colorado Rapids Loan Anderson, Rodriguez, Jackson and Rwatubyaye to Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC - Colorado Rapids
- New York Red Bulls Sign Cristian Casseres Jr to New MLS Contract - New York Red Bulls
- LA Galaxy Sign Midfielder Jonathan Perez to Homegrown Player Contract - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Announces Details for Celebrate25 Week Leading up to 2020 Home Opener on February 29 - FC Dallas
- Orlando City SC Signs 2020 MLS SuperDraft Selection Joey DeZart - Orlando City SC
- Colorado Rapids Loan Matt Hundley to Memphis 901 FC - Colorado Rapids
- Toronto FC Signs MLS SuperDraft Pick Achara - Toronto FC
- Major League Soccer Canada and Kellogg Canada Announce Multi-Year Partnership - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Announces 2020 Television Broadcast Schedule & Talent Team - Columbus Crew SC
- Whitecaps FC Welcome GE Appliances Canada as Newest Partner - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC, Estrella Media Announce Spanish-Language Broadcast TV Partnership - Los Angeles FC
- D.C. United and WJLA 24/7 News Reach Deal to Televise Matches in 2020 - D.C. United
- Minnesota United Announces 2020 Broadcast Schedule - Minnesota United FC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Midfielder Rey Ortiz - FC Cincinnati
- 2020 Single-Match Tickets Now on Sale for All Chicago Fire FC Matches at Soldier Field - Chicago Fire
- Red Bull Arena to Host Greece, Costa Rica for International Friendly - New York Red Bulls
- Nashville SC Collaborates with Judah & the Lion to Create Official Club Anthem - Nashville SC
- D.C. United and Julian Gressel Agree to Long-Term Contract - D.C. United
- YES Network to Televise 26 New York City FC Matches in 2020 - New York City FC
- Columbus Crew SC Reveals 2020 Promotional Calendar - Columbus Crew SC
- Sounders FC Plays to 2-2 Draw with CD Olimpia in First Leg of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 Matchup - Seattle Sounders FC
- Game Notes: AD San Carlos 3 - 5 New York City FC - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC and the LAFC Foundation to Host Second Black & Gold Blood Drive in Partnership with Banc of California
- LAFC and Banc of California Restructure Partnership
- LAFC & MLS Provide Update on 2020 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target
- LAFC Launch the 'LAFC Food Delivery Service' Program
- LAFC Announces Multi-Year Partnership with Farmer John