Colorado Rapids Loan Anderson, Rodriguez, Jackson and Rwatubyaye to Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
The Colorado Rapids have loaned forward Niki Jackson, defenders Sebastian Anderson and Abdul Rwatubyaye and goalkeeper Abraham Rodriguez to USL Championship side Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC for the 2020 season, the club announced today. Under the terms of the loan agreement, the Rapids retain the right to recall all players at any point during the remainder of the MLS regular season, subject to MLS roster compliance guidelines.
"We're pleased to be able to provide our promising, young players an opportunity to get more playing time and continue their development," said PÃ¡draig Smith, Colorado Rapids EVP & General Manager.
"We're incredibly excited about the players that are getting loaned to us," said Alan Koch, Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC Head Coach. "They trained with us already and I think their attitude and mentality have been first class. We have thoroughly enjoyed integrating them into the team. We're going to embrace them and push them to help our team have success and help them in their own personal development."
Anderson, 17, became the youngest player in Rapids history after signing a Homegrown Player contract with the team last year (16 years old). The right back also set a club record as the youngest Rapids player to make his professional debut and start for the club when he featured against Atlanta United FC on April 27, 2019.
Jackson, 24, was selected by the Rapids in the fourth round of the 2018 MLS SuperDraft. The Memphis, Tennessee, native spent the 2019 season on loan with Charlotte Independence where he recorded five goals and two assists from 23 appearances with the USL Championship side.
Rodriguez, 17, recently signed a Homegrown Player contract with the Rapids. The Broomfield, Colorado, native made his professional debut last year with Switchbacks FC and was named to the 2019 USL 20 Under 20 List.
Rwatubyaye, 23, was acquired by the Rapids from Sporting Kansas City in 2019 and spent the season on loan with Switchbacks FC. The Rwandan international made 21 appearances, all starts, for Colorado Springs, recording three goals and an assist.
TRANSACTION: Colorado Rapids loan forward Niki Jackson, defenders Sebastian Anderson and Abdul Rwatubyaye and goalkeeper Abraham Rodriguez to Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC for the 2020 USL Championship season on Feb. 21, 2020.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 21, 2020
- LA Galaxy x Black Arrow FC to Collaborate for 2020 Season - LA Galaxy
- Colorado Rapids Loan Anderson, Rodriguez, Jackson and Rwatubyaye to Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC - Colorado Rapids
- New York Red Bulls Sign Cristian Casseres Jr to New MLS Contract - New York Red Bulls
- LA Galaxy Sign Midfielder Jonathan Perez to Homegrown Player Contract - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Announces Details for Celebrate25 Week Leading up to 2020 Home Opener on February 29 - FC Dallas
- Orlando City SC Signs 2020 MLS SuperDraft Selection Joey DeZart - Orlando City SC
- Colorado Rapids Loan Matt Hundley to Memphis 901 FC - Colorado Rapids
- Toronto FC Signs MLS SuperDraft Pick Achara - Toronto FC
- Major League Soccer Canada and Kellogg Canada Announce Multi-Year Partnership - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Announces 2020 Television Broadcast Schedule & Talent Team - Columbus Crew SC
- Whitecaps FC Welcome GE Appliances Canada as Newest Partner - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC, Estrella Media Announce Spanish-Language Broadcast TV Partnership - Los Angeles FC
- D.C. United and WJLA 24/7 News Reach Deal to Televise Matches in 2020 - D.C. United
- Minnesota United Announces 2020 Broadcast Schedule - Minnesota United FC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Midfielder Rey Ortiz - FC Cincinnati
- 2020 Single-Match Tickets Now on Sale for All Chicago Fire FC Matches at Soldier Field - Chicago Fire
- Red Bull Arena to Host Greece, Costa Rica for International Friendly - New York Red Bulls
- Nashville SC Collaborates with Judah & the Lion to Create Official Club Anthem - Nashville SC
- D.C. United and Julian Gressel Agree to Long-Term Contract - D.C. United
- YES Network to Televise 26 New York City FC Matches in 2020 - New York City FC
- Columbus Crew SC Reveals 2020 Promotional Calendar - Columbus Crew SC
- Sounders FC Plays to 2-2 Draw with CD Olimpia in First Leg of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 Matchup - Seattle Sounders FC
- Game Notes: AD San Carlos 3 - 5 New York City FC - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Rapids Look to Continue Recent Success at 2021 MLS SuperDraft on January 21
- Sam Vines Continues to Impress USMNT Coaching Staff Ahead of Olympic Qualifiers
- Colorado Rapids Acquire Michael Barrios from FC Dallas
- Kellyn Acosta, Jonathan Lewis, Sam Vines Named to USMNT, U-23 MNT January Camp
- 2021 Soccer Almanac: Key Dates and Major Tournaments in Busy Year Ahead