Major League Soccer Canada and Kellogg Canada Announce Multi-Year Partnership
February 21, 2020 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
Toronto, Canada - Major League Soccer Canada and Kellogg Canada announced today a multi-year partnership to become the league's official snack. As part of the agreement, beloved Kellogg's® brands including Cheez-It®, Pringles®, Rice Krispies®, Pop-Tarts®, Eggo®, Nutri-Grain® and more, will become an integral part of the gameday experience and feed fans' love for the sport.
The partnership is anchored in a joint, multi-touchpoint marketing campaign designed to connect MLS fans across Canada with Kellogg's portfolio of iconic brands. Together, MLS and Kellogg will bring Canadians exclusive opportunities including a series of exciting sweepstakes with premium MLS prizing. Programming will also extend to the in-stadium fan experience and retail locations nationwide.
"We are proud to welcome Kellogg, a company with more than 100 years of history delivering quality products and innovation, as an official partner to MLS Canada," said Diego Moratorio, MLS Canada's General Manager. "Canada is a vibrant soccer nation with a passionate, multi-cultural and national MLS fanbase. Our dedicated MLS league staff based in Toronto looks forward to working with Kellogg for years to come."
The wide-ranging partnership will enable Kellogg to bring passionate fans closer to the moments that matter to them most throughout the season, including the MLS All-Star Game and MLS Cup. Kellogg brands will be prominently featured during nationally televised matches on TSN and TVA, in addition to having a multi-channel approach with brand integrations across social and digital.
"Kellogg Canada is thrilled to be extending our partnership with MLS north of the border," said Christine Jakovcic, VP Marketing & Nutrition, Kellogg Canada Inc. "From contesting, to in-game sampling, to a $100,000 financial commitment to local youth soccer programs, and more, we look forward to working in partnership with MLS to bring unique, exclusive experiences to Canadian soccer fans from coast-to-coast in 2020."
Kellogg has been a dedicated sponsor of MLS in the United States since 2017. Recognizing the immense growth of the league and the sport, Kellogg has continued to strengthen its commitment to Major League Soccer, its clubs and its passionate fans. In 2019, a multi-year sponsorship renewal between Kellogg and MLS in the United States was announced, with Kellogg becoming a core partner of eMLS - MLS' competitive EA SPORTS FIFA 19 league. Kellogg also has numerous club deals in their portfolio.
For more information on MLS and Kellogg, visit mlssoccer.com and kelloggs.ca.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 21, 2020
- LA Galaxy x Black Arrow FC to Collaborate for 2020 Season - LA Galaxy
- Colorado Rapids Loan Anderson, Rodriguez, Jackson and Rwatubyaye to Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC - Colorado Rapids
- New York Red Bulls Sign Cristian Casseres Jr to New MLS Contract - New York Red Bulls
- LA Galaxy Sign Midfielder Jonathan Perez to Homegrown Player Contract - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Announces Details for Celebrate25 Week Leading up to 2020 Home Opener on February 29 - FC Dallas
- Orlando City SC Signs 2020 MLS SuperDraft Selection Joey DeZart - Orlando City SC
- Colorado Rapids Loan Matt Hundley to Memphis 901 FC - Colorado Rapids
- Toronto FC Signs MLS SuperDraft Pick Achara - Toronto FC
- Major League Soccer Canada and Kellogg Canada Announce Multi-Year Partnership - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Announces 2020 Television Broadcast Schedule & Talent Team - Columbus Crew SC
- Whitecaps FC Welcome GE Appliances Canada as Newest Partner - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC, Estrella Media Announce Spanish-Language Broadcast TV Partnership - Los Angeles FC
- D.C. United and WJLA 24/7 News Reach Deal to Televise Matches in 2020 - D.C. United
- Minnesota United Announces 2020 Broadcast Schedule - Minnesota United FC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Midfielder Rey Ortiz - FC Cincinnati
- 2020 Single-Match Tickets Now on Sale for All Chicago Fire FC Matches at Soldier Field - Chicago Fire
- Red Bull Arena to Host Greece, Costa Rica for International Friendly - New York Red Bulls
- Nashville SC Collaborates with Judah & the Lion to Create Official Club Anthem - Nashville SC
- D.C. United and Julian Gressel Agree to Long-Term Contract - D.C. United
- YES Network to Televise 26 New York City FC Matches in 2020 - New York City FC
- Columbus Crew SC Reveals 2020 Promotional Calendar - Columbus Crew SC
- Sounders FC Plays to 2-2 Draw with CD Olimpia in First Leg of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 Matchup - Seattle Sounders FC
- Game Notes: AD San Carlos 3 - 5 New York City FC - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.