Nashville SC Collaborates with Judah & the Lion to Create Official Club Anthem
NASHVILLE (Feb. 21, 2020) - Nashville Soccer Club in conjunction with Judah & the Lion and The Backline, the club's Supporters' Collective, released today "Never Give Up On You," the official anthem for Nashville SC and its fans. The anthem is now available at https://judahandthelion.com/nashville-sc and on all digital music platforms including Apple Music, iTunes, Amazon Music, Spotify, YouTube Music and more.
"A club anthem is so much more than a chant. It's something that can allow everyone to feel part of the club," said Nashville SC CEO Ian Ayre. "You might be in the stadium at a game, watching on TV or listening on the radio, and when you hear it and sing it, you are a part of our club and our family, because this is OUR song.
"When we first connected with Judah & the Lion about them writing our anthem, we loved that they are also fans of soccer and importantly of Nashville SC. Having them alongside us as we make history is incredible, and I believe this anthem will become a unique part of who Nashville SC become not just in Major League Soccer, but around the world in the global football family," concluded Ayre.
Judah & the Lion have been a staple for Nashville SC in its young history. The Nashville based alternative band performed at the club's brand launch in 2019 and have been massive advocates for soccer in the Music City.
"Being from Tennessee and knowing Tennessee sports from growing up in this state... this was an honor to be asked to do," said Judah & the Lion's lead singer Judah Akers. "Watching new teams come to Tennessee was really fun and exciting to see as a kid. Now seeing soccer come to Nashville feels so special - the camaraderie of the sport is incredible.
"With the anthem, I wanted to highlight the loyalty of the fans of Nashville. A lot of the lyrics are based off family, community and unity," continued Akers. "When you are at a game it doesn't matter who the person is to your left or right, they are your family during that game. This song is about that."
An ode to soccer and community, the "Never Give Up On You" lyrics reflect on the comradeship built around soccer, a sport known for uniting people from all walks of life, and Nashville, a community that always come together in support of one another.
"Being a huge soccer fan and having been so encouraged and affected by Liverpool FC's anthem, "You'll Never Walk Alone", it's hard to imagine a more special opportunity than making the anthem for our own town team with Nashville SC," said Nate Zuercher, the band's banjo player. "This has been such a gift to be a part of and I'm super grateful for this team and organization giving us this chance."
"We are honored to play a small part in such an important organization," added Brian MacDonald, the band's mandolin player. "It feels like we are grasping at the identity of Nashville's future through the character of this team."
The anthem was a collaboration between the band, Nashville SC and The Backline Supporters Collective, the club's official supporters' group, who provided feedback throughout the creation process.
"In the small room where we gathered to listen to 'Never Give Up On You' for the first time, the guys from Judah & the Lion were genuinely invested in the creation of something special," said Chip Wilkins, a member of The Backline. "They were fanlike in their enthusiasm and revealed an anthem that has a deep meaning and forever connection to our team, the fans and the city of Nashville."
Nashville SC and Judah & the Lion will get together on Wednesday, Feb. 26 at 6 p.m. CT to record the official video for the anthem with a small performance at Dirty Little Secret at the Dream Hotel. First String Season Ticket Members will have priority when they RSVP.
Fans will be able to hear their anthem "Never Give Up On You" at every Nashville SC home match and will have opportunities to sing along as a community when the anthem is played throughout Nissan Stadium in NSC's inaugural season in Major League Soccer and beyond.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 21, 2020
- LA Galaxy x Black Arrow FC to Collaborate for 2020 Season - LA Galaxy
- Colorado Rapids Loan Anderson, Rodriguez, Jackson and Rwatubyaye to Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC - Colorado Rapids
- New York Red Bulls Sign Cristian Casseres Jr to New MLS Contract - New York Red Bulls
- LA Galaxy Sign Midfielder Jonathan Perez to Homegrown Player Contract - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Announces Details for Celebrate25 Week Leading up to 2020 Home Opener on February 29 - FC Dallas
- Orlando City SC Signs 2020 MLS SuperDraft Selection Joey DeZart - Orlando City SC
- Colorado Rapids Loan Matt Hundley to Memphis 901 FC - Colorado Rapids
- Toronto FC Signs MLS SuperDraft Pick Achara - Toronto FC
- Major League Soccer Canada and Kellogg Canada Announce Multi-Year Partnership - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Announces 2020 Television Broadcast Schedule & Talent Team - Columbus Crew SC
- Whitecaps FC Welcome GE Appliances Canada as Newest Partner - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC, Estrella Media Announce Spanish-Language Broadcast TV Partnership - Los Angeles FC
- D.C. United and WJLA 24/7 News Reach Deal to Televise Matches in 2020 - D.C. United
- Minnesota United Announces 2020 Broadcast Schedule - Minnesota United FC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Midfielder Rey Ortiz - FC Cincinnati
- 2020 Single-Match Tickets Now on Sale for All Chicago Fire FC Matches at Soldier Field - Chicago Fire
- Red Bull Arena to Host Greece, Costa Rica for International Friendly - New York Red Bulls
- Nashville SC Collaborates with Judah & the Lion to Create Official Club Anthem - Nashville SC
- D.C. United and Julian Gressel Agree to Long-Term Contract - D.C. United
- YES Network to Televise 26 New York City FC Matches in 2020 - New York City FC
- Columbus Crew SC Reveals 2020 Promotional Calendar - Columbus Crew SC
- Sounders FC Plays to 2-2 Draw with CD Olimpia in First Leg of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 Matchup - Seattle Sounders FC
- Game Notes: AD San Carlos 3 - 5 New York City FC - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville SC Withdrawn from the MLS Is Back Tournament
- Nashville SC Opening Match vs. Chicago Fire in the MLS Is Back Tournament Postponed
- Doolsta Hungry to Defend Title in Unique Online-Only EMLS Cup Pres. by Coca Cola and Playstation
- Nashville SC Schedule Storylines: What to Watch for in MLS Is Back Tournament
- Nashville SC Set to Play on Opening Night in MLS Is Back Tournament against Chicago Fire FC