Rainiers Edge Express 3-1 in Series Finale
ROUND ROCK, Texas - The Round Rock Express (42-29) settled for a series split after a 3-1 loss to the Tacoma Rainiers (34-38) in Tuesday night's finale at Dell Diamond. Rainiers DH Robert Perez notched an inside-the-park home run that fueled the visitor's victory.
Express RHP Akeem Bostick (4-3, 5.69) suffered an unfortunate loss after an impressive 6.0-inning start in which he allowed only two runs and three hits while punching out seven hitters. Rainiers RHP Sean Nolin (1-0, 3.52) earned his first win, allowing only one run on three hits and four strikeouts in a 5.0-inning start.
Tacoma opened the scoring one out into the contest as 3B Shed Long went yard for the seventh time this year.
However, Round Rock fired back in the home half when SS Alex De Goti and RF Derek Fisher teamed up for back-to-back singles prior to a Josh Rojas walk that loaded the bases. DH Kyle Tucker then grounded into a double play where Rojas was erased at second and De Goti plated what would prove to be Round Rock's lone run.
In the fourth, Perez broke the 1-1 tie as he smoked a line drive to center field that skipped past CF Drew Ferguson and eventually turned into an inside-the-park home run.
In the seventh, SS Kelby Tomlinson tallied a single before a Billy Cooke fielder's choice. On the play, a Reymin Guduan throwing error allowed Cooke to reach safely while Tomlinson advanced to third. An ensuing Kristopher Negron sacrifice fly extended the final score to 3-1.
After a league-wide off-day on Wednesday, Round Rock heads to Des Moines for a four-game series against the Iowa Cubs (Chicago Cubs affiliate). Express RHP Jose Urquidy (3-1, 3.41) is set to start opposite Cubs RHP Matt Swarmer (4-7, 6.17). First pitch at Principal Park is scheduled for 7:08 p.m.
For more information on the Express, visit RRExpress.com or call (512) 255-2255. Keep up with the Express on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and join the conversation during our historic 20th season using #20STROng.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 18, 2019
- Sounds Stung by Bees in Doubleheader Sweep - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Use Offensive Explosion to Complete Sweep - San Antonio Missions
- Rainiers Edge Express 3-1 in Series Finale - Round Rock Express
- Perez Legs out Inside-The-Park Home Run as Rainiers Win Second-Straight - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aviators Complete Four-Game Sweep with 12-1 Rout of Memphis - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs Reno Aces - San Antonio Missions
- I-Cubs Sink River Cats - Iowa Cubs
- New Orleans Defeats Albuquerque, 10-6, in Final Matchup - Albuquerque Isotopes
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 18, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Finish Series with Las Vegas - Memphis Redbirds
- Nashville Sounds Doubleheader Information: Nashville Sounds (28-41) vs. Salt Lake Bees (31-37) - Nashville Sounds
- Seven-Time All-Star Kimbrel Joins I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Swinging the Bat with Confidence - San Antonio Missions
- Las Vegas Host Sacramento from June 20-24 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Grizzlies Blank Chasers 8-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (29-42) vs Las Vegas Aviators (39-32) - Memphis Redbirds
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Offense crushes six home runs in loss to Cubs - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Earn 10-8 Victory in Sacramento - Iowa Cubs
- Fresno clicks on all cylinders in 8-0 triumph over Omaha - Fresno Grizzlies
- Dodgers Prevail in Tight Contest in El Paso - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Oklahoma City Rallies past Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Memphis Dropped by Las Vegas, 15-6 - Memphis Redbirds
- Rainiers Edge Express 3-2 - Round Rock Express
- Missions Keep Cruising, Claim Fifth Straight Victory - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Round Rock Express Stories
- Express RHP Brandon Bielak Fuels Lopsided 13-0 Victory over Baby Cakes
- New Orleans Stuns Round Rock in 6-5 Walkoff Defeat
- Express Bested by Redbirds 10-4 in Series Finale
- Round Rock Express, RS3 Turf and ECHO Outdoor Power Equipment to Refurbish Playing Fields at Pflugerville Little League
- Los Lonely Boys to Perform First Concert at Brushy Creek Amphitheater