Missions Keep Cruising, Claim Fifth Straight Victory
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio moved their winning streak to five games as they upended the Reno Aces 8-4 Monday night at Wolff Stadium.
Mauricio Dubon continued his torrid stretch at the plate. He doubled on a chopper over the third baseman to lead off the first inning, blasted a two-run home run in the second inning, and drove in a pair of runs with a base hit in the third inning. It was Dubon's fifth straight multi-hit game and has had three straight three-hit games for the first time in his career.
The Missions got their scoring out of the way in the first third of the game. They scored one in the bottom of the first on a bunt single from Cory Spangenberg, three runs in the second highlighted by Dubon's dinger, and four runs in the third with Dubon's two-run single once again being the key hit.
Zack Brown helped himself out with an RBI double in the second inning as part of the three-run frame for the Missions. On the mound he threw 97 pitches over the course of five innings and allowed four Aces to cross the plate but it was enough to pick up his second win of the season.
Reno scored a run in the first inning and tried to claw their way back into the game with two in the third inning on a two-run single from Travis Snider. Alex Wilson, Angel Perdomo, and Taylor Williams all posted zeroes out of the bullpen for San Antonio to maintain the 8-4 advantage for the remainder of the game.
The Missions and Aces conclude their four-game series Tuesday night at Nelson Wolff Stadium. Right-hander Burch Smith (4-3, 3.02) will start for the Missions against right-hander Matt Koch (1-2, 7.46) for the Aces. First pitch is set for 7:05 p.m.
-With the win, San Antonio improved to 45-26 on the season.
-San Antonio is now 19 games over .500, which is a season-high water mark.
-Dubon's three-hit game moved his hitting streak to a season-high nine games.
2019 is the 118th season of baseball in San Antonio and first as the Triple-A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers. Single game tickets are on sale now at the Wolff Stadium Box Office or online at samissions.com. Season seat memberships are available now by calling 210-675-PARK (7275).
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 18, 2019
- Sounds Stung by Bees in Doubleheader Sweep - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Use Offensive Explosion to Complete Sweep - San Antonio Missions
- Rainiers Edge Express 3-1 in Series Finale - Round Rock Express
- Perez Legs out Inside-The-Park Home Run as Rainiers Win Second-Straight - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aviators Complete Four-Game Sweep with 12-1 Rout of Memphis - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs Reno Aces - San Antonio Missions
- I-Cubs Sink River Cats - Iowa Cubs
- New Orleans Defeats Albuquerque, 10-6, in Final Matchup - Albuquerque Isotopes
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 18, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Finish Series with Las Vegas - Memphis Redbirds
- Nashville Sounds Doubleheader Information: Nashville Sounds (28-41) vs. Salt Lake Bees (31-37) - Nashville Sounds
- Seven-Time All-Star Kimbrel Joins I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Swinging the Bat with Confidence - San Antonio Missions
- Las Vegas Host Sacramento from June 20-24 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Grizzlies Blank Chasers 8-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (29-42) vs Las Vegas Aviators (39-32) - Memphis Redbirds
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Offense crushes six home runs in loss to Cubs - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Earn 10-8 Victory in Sacramento - Iowa Cubs
- Fresno clicks on all cylinders in 8-0 triumph over Omaha - Fresno Grizzlies
- Dodgers Prevail in Tight Contest in El Paso - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Oklahoma City Rallies past Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Memphis Dropped by Las Vegas, 15-6 - Memphis Redbirds
- Rainiers Edge Express 3-2 - Round Rock Express
- Missions Keep Cruising, Claim Fifth Straight Victory - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- OK City Completes Sweep of Flying Chanclas
- Game Notes: Flying Chanclas de San Antonio at Cielo Azul de Oklahoma City
- Brief Three-Game Homestand Begins for Missions Tuesday
- OKC Out-Slugs Flying Chanclas
- Game Notes: Flying Chanclas De San Antonio at Cielo Azul De Oklahoma City