RailRiders Blasted by Durham
NORFOLK, Va. - The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders lost 16-3 to the Durham Bulls on Friday evening. Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton joined the RailRiders on MLB rehab assignments, but the duo could not help Scranton/Wilkes-Barre overcome a 16-hit attack.
Durham opened the scoring in the bottom of the first with a leadoff home run from Jake Cronenworth. The Bulls added seven runs on six hits and an error in the home half of the second off RailRiders starter Daniel Camarena, keyed by seven straight batters reaching base and a grand slam from Nate Lowe.
In the top of the third, Gosuke Katoh and Billy Burns each singled. With one down, Stanton hit a towering home run over the 32-foot high wall in right, cutting the deficit to 8-3.
The Bulls would answer with five runs on five hits in the bottom of the third and plate three more in the fourth.
Judge went 0-for-4 with three strikeouts in his first rehab appearance after missing nearly two months with an oblique strain. Stanton finished 1-for-3 with the home run; his fourth this week split between Tampa and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
Camarena (1-3) took the loss after surrendering 12 runs, 10 earned, on 11 hits over 2.1 innings. Austin Pruitt (3-2) notched the win with nine strikeouts over five innings.
Cronenworth and Kean Wong each finished one hit shy of the cycle for Durham; Cronenworth missed by a single and Wong by a two-base hit.
16 runs is the most that the RailRiders have allowed in a game this season and seven runs is the most in any one inning this year.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and Durham continue this series on Saturday at 6:35 p.m. Raynel Espinal and the RailRiders will face Cronenworth as an opener for the Bulls.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Record:
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 14, 2019
- Bichette Homers in Bisons 3-2 Loss to Bats - Buffalo Bisons
- Stripers Thump Syracuse 11-4 in Series Opener - Gwinnett Stripers
- Mud Hens End Four-Game Losing Streak - Toledo Mud Hens
- Tribe Skid Hits Four in 4-2 Loss to Pawtucket - Indianapolis Indians
- Wings Edge Knights 7-6 - Rochester Red Wings
- RailRiders Blasted by Durham - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Mets Drop Series Opener to Stripers, 11-4 - Syracuse Mets
- Sims Shines, Bats Beat Bisons 3-2 - Louisville Bats
- Knights Drop Opener in Rochester 7-6 on Friday - Charlotte Knights
- Lollygaggers Rout RailRiders, 16-3 - Durham Bulls
- Hart Dazzles in Indianapolis on Friday Night - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Columbus hits six home runs in win over Pigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Victory Field All-Time Attendance Hits 14 Million - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (35-29) vs. Pawtucket Red Sox (28-37) - Indianapolis Indians
- Judge & Stanton Join RailRiders on Rehab Assignments - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Notes: Buffalo Bisons (30-34) at Louisville Bats (26-40) - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Louisville (7:00 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Stories
- RailRiders take 3-of-4 from IL West leaders to begin seven-game homestand
- Christmas (Vacation Night) Coming Later this Month
- SWB Game Notes
- SWB Game Notes
- Daniel Camarena sets new Triple-A career-high with 10 strikeouts in victory