Lollygaggers Rout RailRiders, 16-3
DURHAM, NC - The Durham Bulls, playing as the Durham Lollygaggers on Lollygagger Night, defeated the Scranton/WB RailRiders 16-3 Friday night at the DBAP in front of a paid attendance of 11,283. Austin Pruitt (3-2) picked up the victory for the Lollygaggers, while Daniel Camarena (1-3) suffered the loss.
On a night where Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton rehabbed with the RailRiders, the Bulls were the team that provided all the offense, as every starter tallied at least one hit. Jake Cronenworth, Kean Wong and Jake Smolinski led the way as each finished with a three-hit night.
Durham got on top from the get-go, as Cronenworth led off the bottom of the frame with a solo homer. The Lollygaggers then erupted for a seven-run second inning, highlighted by a grand slam off the bat of Nate Lowe.
In the third, the home side continued to pour it on, as Cronenworth, Wong, Nick Solak and Michael Perez all notched RBI hits to cap a five-run frame. Then in the fourth, Smolinski and Wong each homered for a three-run frame, giving them a 16-3 advantage.
The RailRiders' lone runs of the contest came on one swing, when Stanton blasted a three-run homer off the Diamond View II building in left field. Stanton finished the evening 1-for-3, while Judge went 0-for-4 with three strikeouts.
The teams meet again for the second game of a three-game series on Saturday at the DBAP at 6:35 p.m. RHP Jake Cronenworth is slated to open for the Bulls opposite RHP Raynel Espinal for Scranton/WB.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 14, 2019
- Bichette Homers in Bisons 3-2 Loss to Bats - Buffalo Bisons
- Stripers Thump Syracuse 11-4 in Series Opener - Gwinnett Stripers
- Mud Hens End Four-Game Losing Streak - Toledo Mud Hens
- Tribe Skid Hits Four in 4-2 Loss to Pawtucket - Indianapolis Indians
- Wings Edge Knights 7-6 - Rochester Red Wings
- RailRiders Blasted by Durham - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Mets Drop Series Opener to Stripers, 11-4 - Syracuse Mets
- Sims Shines, Bats Beat Bisons 3-2 - Louisville Bats
- Knights Drop Opener in Rochester 7-6 on Friday - Charlotte Knights
- Lollygaggers Rout RailRiders, 16-3 - Durham Bulls
- Hart Dazzles in Indianapolis on Friday Night - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Columbus hits six home runs in win over Pigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Victory Field All-Time Attendance Hits 14 Million - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (35-29) vs. Pawtucket Red Sox (28-37) - Indianapolis Indians
- Judge & Stanton Join RailRiders on Rehab Assignments - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Notes: Buffalo Bisons (30-34) at Louisville Bats (26-40) - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Louisville (7:00 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.