Rafters Split Series with Kingfish
Wisconsin Rapids, Wis. - After taking game one on Tuesday 8-1, the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters fell to the Kenosha Kingfish on Wednesday night by a final of 10-4. Kenosha would score all their runs in the first four innings. The Kingfish struck first in the bottom of the first with a Carson McCusker RBI single and tacked on another in the second frame on an RBI sac fly by Mike Madej. The Fish scored four more runs in the third off five hits to make it 6-0 Kenosha after three innings.
The Rafters responded in the fourth by loading the bases on Kingfish starter Denson Hull. Matt Schmidt (Michigan) delivered a bases-clearing three-run double to left center to cut the deficit in half 6-3. Kenosha returned the favor in their part of the fourth by loading the bases and David Renning sent a pitch to left field for a grand slam.
The Rafters kept the Fish off the board from then onward and scored once more in the sixth as Jack-Thomas Wold (UNLV) smashed his third home run of the year to right field. The Kingfish, however, held on to the lead for a 10-4 win.
Ryan Byrd (1-1, 4.85 ERA) was given his first loss of the year. Despite giving up all four Rafters runs, Denson Hull (2-0, 2.74 ERA) got his second win of the year.
The Rafters continue their road trip tomorrow evening as they visit Homer Stryker Field for the first time this season to face the Growlers in a two-game series. First pitch is scheduled for 6:05 pm CT.
Images from this story
Wisconsin Rapids Rafters sprint off the field
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 14, 2018
- Ayers' RBI Single Puts Dock Spiders Past Chinooks 2-1 - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Rafters Suffer Tough Walk-Off Loss by Growlers - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- St. Cloud Takes Series Opener against Eau Claire - St. Cloud Rox
- Huskies Score 5 in the 5th, Beat Loggers 6-2 - La Crosse Loggers
- Stingers Walk It Off, Win 5-4 - Willmar Stingers
- Huskies Win Fifth Straight, Extend Lead in Northern Division - Duluth Huskies
- Shut-Down Bullpen Seals 12th Straight Win - Madison Mallards
- Kalamazoo Growlers Win in Another Walk-Off - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Lemasters Leads Honkers Past Larks - Rochester Honkers
- Deims Is Money in Bucks 4-3 Walk-Off Win - Waterloo Bucks
- Woodchucks Drop First Game in Battle Creek - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Bullfrogs Announce New Corporate Advertising Manager - Green Bay Booyah
- Mallards Look to Make It 12 Straight - Madison Mallards
- Rafters Wrestle with Growlers for First Time in 2018 - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bullfrogs Walk-Off on the Rivets in Wild Comeback Victory - Green Bay Booyah
- Chinooks Can't Hold Early Lead As Mallards Walk Off In Madison - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Landon Stephens Homers Twice, Rox Beat Larks 7-4 - St. Cloud Rox
- Rafters Split Series with Kingfish - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Walk-Off Again - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Drop 10-5 Decision to Mankato - Waterloo Bucks
- Rivets Can't Find Control in Ninth, Lose 8-7 - Rockford Rivets
- Bats Heat up in a 10-3 Win over Battle Creek - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Rapids Rafters Stories
- Rafters Announce the Addition of Thomas Dyer to Front Office
- Rafters Partner with Advanced Disposal for "Thank You" Jersey
- Rafters Announce Field Manager Craig Noto to Return for Fifth Season
- Rafters Announce Ticket Package Dates for 2019 Season
- Rafters to Hold First "Rosco's Holiday Drawing"