Lemasters Leads Honkers Past Larks
(Rochester, Minn.) - Rochester Honkers (10-6) starting pitcher David Lemasters (Lake Erie) turned in yet another fantastic pitching performance to lead the Honkers past the Bismarck Larks 4-1 on Thursday at Mayo Field.
Lemasters got the win to improve his record to 3-0 while throwing six innings, giving up five hits and striking out seven. Lemasters has shutdown opposing hitters not allowing a run through 20 2/3 innings of work. Rochester native Michael Brandt (Augustana) tossed a scoreless seventh inning and struck out two. Josh Ibarra (Concordia-Irvine) worked a two inning save giving up one run on one hit. It was his third save of the year.
The Honker scored three runs in the second inning as Griffin Schneider (Century) hit an RBI infield single to bring home Benjamin Sems (Kansas). Christian Robinson (Stanford) later came around to score on a fielder's choice. Jaylon McLaughlin (Nevada) singled to right to bring home a run and cap off the scoring in the second.
McLaughlin had two more hits tonight to give the Los Angeles native his eighth multi-hit game of the season. McLaughlin has reached base in all 14 games he has played with the Honkers.
Sems drove in a run with a sacrifice fly to left to give the Honkers an insurance run in the eighth.
Bismarck narrowly avoided a shutout as Matthew Warkentin (Xavier) hit a sacrifice fly to bring home the Larks lone run in the ninth.
Larks starting pitcher Hendry Rodriguez (LSU-Alexandria) got the loss and fell to 1-1 on the year. He threw seven innings and gave up three runs on five hits.
The Honkers are back at Mayo Field Friday at 7:05 p.m. for the series finale against the Larks. Cole Quintanilla (Texas) is scheduled to start for the Honkers, he has a 0-1 record and a 2.45 ERA. Friday is Mason Jar Giveaway Night presented by ABC 6 News. The first 500 fans will receive a Mason Jar.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 14, 2018
- Ayers' RBI Single Puts Dock Spiders Past Chinooks 2-1 - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Rafters Suffer Tough Walk-Off Loss by Growlers - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- St. Cloud Takes Series Opener against Eau Claire - St. Cloud Rox
- Huskies Score 5 in the 5th, Beat Loggers 6-2 - La Crosse Loggers
- Stingers Walk It Off, Win 5-4 - Willmar Stingers
- Huskies Win Fifth Straight, Extend Lead in Northern Division - Duluth Huskies
- Shut-Down Bullpen Seals 12th Straight Win - Madison Mallards
- Kalamazoo Growlers Win in Another Walk-Off - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Lemasters Leads Honkers Past Larks - Rochester Honkers
- Deims Is Money in Bucks 4-3 Walk-Off Win - Waterloo Bucks
- Woodchucks Drop First Game in Battle Creek - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Bullfrogs Announce New Corporate Advertising Manager - Green Bay Bullfrogs
- Mallards Look to Make It 12 Straight - Madison Mallards
- Rafters Wrestle with Growlers for First Time in 2018 - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bullfrogs Walk-Off on the Rivets in Wild Comeback Victory - Green Bay Bullfrogs
- Chinooks Can't Hold Early Lead As Mallards Walk Off In Madison - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Landon Stephens Homers Twice, Rox Beat Larks 7-4 - St. Cloud Rox
- Rafters Split Series with Kingfish - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Walk-Off Again - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Drop 10-5 Decision to Mankato - Waterloo Bucks
- Rivets Can't Find Control in Ninth, Lose 8-7 - Rockford Rivets
- Bats Heat up in a 10-3 Win over Battle Creek - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.