Pigs Power Past PawSox
The Lehigh Valley IronPigs (65-73) defeated the Pawtucket Red Sox (58-80) 7-2 Saturday Night at McCoy Stadium.
The Pigs hit four home runs, including one inside-the-park homer, in the victory.
Lehigh Valley's Maikel Franco and Pawtucket's Cole Sturgeon traded solo home runs in the first inning and each team added a second run in the fourth.
In the top of the sixth, both Shane Robinson and Phil Gosselin drew bases-loaded walks to put the Pigs up 4-2. Deivy Grullon hit solo home runs in the seventh and ninth innings, and Ali Castillo added an inside-the-park home run as the Pigs put the game out of reach.
Tyler Gilbert (2-4) pitched 2.1 hitless innings in relief of starter Seth McGarry with three strikeouts and two walks. Nick Pivetta and Nick Vincent tossed scoreless eighth and ninth innings respectively.
Kyle Hart (9-7) was dealt the loss as he allowed four runs over 5.1 innings of work.
The IronPigs and PawSox match up again in the season's penultimate game at 1:05 p.m. Sunday.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via Facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2019 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 31, 2019
- Knights Back Atop Wild Card Race with 5-2 Win - Charlotte Knights
- Mets Lose to Red Wings, 5-3, on Saturday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Pigs Power Past PawSox - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- RailRiders Top Bisons, 9-4, with Katoh's Slam - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Down Tides, 5-2 - Norfolk Tides
- Stripers Hang on to Beat Durham 3-2 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Tribe Clipped by Columbus in Home Finale - Indianapolis Indians
- Stripers Clip Bulls in 3-2 Decision - Durham Bulls
- Wings Take Second Straight against Mets - Rochester Red Wings
- Katoh's slam provides big lift for offense in RailRiders victory over Bisons - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Gutierrez Strikes out 13 as Bats Win Final Road Game, 2-1 - Louisville Bats
- Hens Fall to Bats in Season Series Finale - Toledo Mud Hens
- Four Homers Push Pigs Past PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Final Homestand Continues Sunday with Fireworks - Rochester Red Wings
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (6:35 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (65-72) vs. Columbus Clippers (78-59) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (57-80) at Toledo Mud Hens (66-71) - Louisville Bats
- Cronenworth Headlines 2019 Goodmon Award Recipients - Durham Bulls
- Chavis Belts Two More Homers, PawSox Split Double Dip - Pawtucket Red Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.