Stripers Clip Bulls in 3-2 Decision
DURHAM, NC - The Durham Bulls saw their four-game winning streak come to an end Saturday night at the DBAP, falling to the Gwinnett Stripers 3-2 in front of a paid attendance of 10,202. Kyle Wright (11-4) earned the victory for Gwinnett, while Josh Fleming (1-3) suffered the loss for Durham.
After three scoreless innings to begin the game, Adam Duvall launched a solo homer over the Blue Monster to put Gwinnett up 1-0 in the fourth. Durham countered in the bottom of the frame with Emilio Bonifacio's RBI double, scoring Guillermo Heredia.
In the fifth the visitors re-took a one run advantage on a solo homer by Drew Waters, and followed it up an inning later with an RBI single by Jonathan Morales to make it a 3-1 contest. The Bulls struck for a run in the bottom of the seventh on an RBI single by Mac James, but that was as close as the home side would get.
Brendan McKay started on the mound for Durham and turned in three scoreless frames while striking out eight and allowing just one hit and one run. Luis Santos and Sam McWilliams each turned in scoreless relief appearances for the Bulls as well.
The Bulls and Stripers square off at 5:05 p.m. Sunday in the penultimate game of the 2019 regular season. RHP Aaron Slegers (5-7, 5.30) is scheduled to start for Durham opposite RHP Touki Toussaint (1-5, 7.71) for Gwinnett.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 31, 2019
- Knights Back Atop Wild Card Race with 5-2 Win - Charlotte Knights
- Mets Lose to Red Wings, 5-3, on Saturday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Pigs Power Past PawSox - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- RailRiders Top Bisons, 9-4, with Katoh's Slam - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Down Tides, 5-2 - Norfolk Tides
- Stripers Hang on to Beat Durham 3-2 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Tribe Clipped by Columbus in Home Finale - Indianapolis Indians
- Stripers Clip Bulls in 3-2 Decision - Durham Bulls
- Wings Take Second Straight against Mets - Rochester Red Wings
- Katoh's slam provides big lift for offense in RailRiders victory over Bisons - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Gutierrez Strikes out 13 as Bats Win Final Road Game, 2-1 - Louisville Bats
- Hens Fall to Bats in Season Series Finale - Toledo Mud Hens
- Four Homers Push Pigs Past PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Final Homestand Continues Sunday with Fireworks - Rochester Red Wings
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (6:35 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (65-72) vs. Columbus Clippers (78-59) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (57-80) at Toledo Mud Hens (66-71) - Louisville Bats
- Cronenworth Headlines 2019 Goodmon Award Recipients - Durham Bulls
- Chavis Belts Two More Homers, PawSox Split Double Dip - Pawtucket Red Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.