Cronenworth Headlines 2019 Goodmon Award Recipients
DURHAM, NC - Prior to the Durham Bulls Saturday evening at the DBAP, the team will recognize the winners of the 2019 Goodmon Awards. The 26th annual Goodmon Awards, named for Capitol Broadcasting CEO Jim Goodmon, acknowledge Bulls players for their contributions to the success of the team on and off the field.
Infielder/pitcher Jake Cronenworth has been selected as the team's Most Valuable Player, adding to a season in which he earned International League Midseason and Postseason honors. The St. Clair, Michigan native leads the I.L. in batting average (.339) and on-base percentage (.433), ranks second in on-base plus slugging percentage (.965) and ranks seventh in slugging percentage (.532). Additionally he has posted 7.1 scoreless innings on the mound in his first season as a two-way player.
Left-handed reliever Hoby Milner is the team's Pitcher of the Year, posting a 3.06 ERA and registering a team-high 12 saves and 50 appearances. The southpaw has struck out 89 batters in 61.2 innings, and opponents are hitting just .209 against him on the season.
Relief pitcher Cole Sulser has been selected for the Goodmon Award for Team Spirit. The 29-year-old, in his first season with Durham, ranks second on the team with 49 pitching appearances, and has posted a 6-3 record with a 3.27 ERA. The Team Spirit award is presented annually to the player who most consistently exhibits a good attitude on and off the field.
In his first season with the Bulls, Aaron Slegers has been selected as the recipient of the Community Service award. The right-handed pitcher took an active role in the Bulls' community engagements, including visiting children at the Duke Pediatric Blood & Marrow Transplant Program.
The Bulls continue their season-ending four-game homestand at the DBAP tonight at 6:35 p.m. Single-game tickets and group tickets are available by calling 919.956.BULL or by visiting DurhamBulls.com.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 31, 2019
- Knights Back Atop Wild Card Race with 5-2 Win - Charlotte Knights
- Mets Lose to Red Wings, 5-3, on Saturday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Pigs Power Past PawSox - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- RailRiders Top Bisons, 9-4, with Katoh's Slam - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Down Tides, 5-2 - Norfolk Tides
- Stripers Hang on to Beat Durham 3-2 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Tribe Clipped by Columbus in Home Finale - Indianapolis Indians
- Stripers Clip Bulls in 3-2 Decision - Durham Bulls
- Wings Take Second Straight against Mets - Rochester Red Wings
- Katoh's slam provides big lift for offense in RailRiders victory over Bisons - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Gutierrez Strikes out 13 as Bats Win Final Road Game, 2-1 - Louisville Bats
- Hens Fall to Bats in Season Series Finale - Toledo Mud Hens
- Four Homers Push Pigs Past PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Final Homestand Continues Sunday with Fireworks - Rochester Red Wings
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (6:35 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (65-72) vs. Columbus Clippers (78-59) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (57-80) at Toledo Mud Hens (66-71) - Louisville Bats
- Cronenworth Headlines 2019 Goodmon Award Recipients - Durham Bulls
- Chavis Belts Two More Homers, PawSox Split Double Dip - Pawtucket Red Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.