Phantoms Goalie John Grahame Signs With NHL's Colorado Avalanche
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Phantoms, proud AHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers announced today that goaltender John Grahame has signed an NHL contract with the Colorado Avalanche. Adirondack also announced defenseman Joey Mormina was returned from his NHL call up and that goaltender Jeremy Duchesne has been added to the roster, reassigned by Philadelphia from the Kalamazoo Wings of the ECHL.
Grahame, 34, played in 12 games for the Phantoms, posting a 2-10-0 record with a 2.84 goals-against average and a 0.896 save percentage. The Denver, Colorado native initially signed a PTO with Adirondack on December 13th and made his Phantoms debut on December 18th at the Glens Falls Civic Center vs. Hamilton. Originally drafted by the Boston Bruins in the 9th round (229th overall) of the 1994 NHL Entry Draft, Grahame won the 1999 Calder Cup championship with the Providence Bruins and the 2004 Stanley Cup championship with the Tampa Bay Lightning. Grahame signed an NHL contract with Colorado Wednesday and was then assigned to the Lake Erie Monsters, the Avalanche's AHL affiliate.
Duchesne, 23, started the season with Adirondack and dressed as the backup goalie in the Phantoms season opener on October 3rd against the Worcester Sharks. The Silver Spring, Maryland native was then reassigned to the ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings where he has posted a 9-4-5 record in 19 games played, with a 3.20 goals-against average and a 0.904 save percentage and one shutout. Duchesne was originally drafted by the Flyers in the 4th round (119th overall) of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft and has played in two career AHL games with the Phantoms during the 2007-08 season.
Mormina, 27, returns to the Phantoms after being called up by the Flyers on February 25th. The Montreal, Quebec native practiced Philadelphia for five straight days, but did not dress in the Flyers' first game back from the Olympic Break on Tuesday night in Tampa Bay. Mormina leads all Adirondack defenseman in scoring this season with 17 points (4 goals, 13 assists) and has 65 penalty minutes in 57 games played this year. Originally drafted by Philadelphia in the 6th round (193rd overall) of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, Mormina 327 career AHL games and made his NHL debut with Carolina Hurricanes on February 14, 2008 vs. Pittsburgh.
The Phantoms are in action on Wednesday, March 3rd as they travel to Ontario for a 7:30 pm face off with the Hamilton Bulldogs at Copps Coliseum. Adirondack's next home game is on Friday, March 5th at 7:30 pm against the Rochester Americans at the Glens Falls Civic Center. Friday night is Phantoms Youth Hockey Jersey Night, where the first 1,000 kids age 14 and under will receive a free Phantoms hockey jersey courtesy of the Glens Falls Hospital Rehabilitation Center.
There is no better way to watch Phantoms Hockey than by sharing it with a group of your family and friends. Bring a group of 15 or more people to the Glens Falls Civic Center and qualify for incredible discounted ticket prices off the regular box office rates. For more information about group tickets, contact the Phantoms at (518) 480-3355 or online at www.phantomshockey.com. Don't miss a minute of the exciting action of the Adirondack Phantoms 2009-2010 Season presented by Bud Light.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 3, 2010
- Bruins Beat The Heat 3-2 In Another Shootout - Abbotsford Heat
- Coyotes Re-Assign Perrault To San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Storm Back To Beat Houston 4-3 In Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
- Houston Aeros Fall to San Antonio Rampage 4-3 in Shootout - Houston Aeros
- Rockford Scores In Each Period To Pick Up 3-2 Win - Rockford IceHogs
- Adirondack Falls To Hamilton 4-1 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sharks Chomp Moose in 5-2 Win - Worcester Sharks
- Columbus Assigns Defenseman Grant Clitsome And Recalls Right Wing Mike Blunden - Syracuse Crunch
- Sharks Bite Back, Beat Moose 5-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Bulldogs Haunt Phantoms With 4-1 Win - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Penguins Slip Past Admirals 4-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Red Wings Acquire Riley Armstrong From Flames for Andy Delmore - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Reed Traded; Boychuk and Harrison Recalled - Albany River Rats
- Heat Make Roster Moves - Abbotsford Heat
- Columbus Acquires Right Wing Chad Kolarik - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Re-Assign Perrault To San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Goalie John Grahame Signs With NHL's Colorado Avalanche - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sulzer, Franson Reassigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Parse Recalled; Cliche, Moller To Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Coyotes Acquire Picard From Columbus In Exchange For Kolarik - San Antonio Rampage
- Hurricanes Recall Zach Boychuk And Jay Harrison - Albany River Rats
- 'Canes Acquire Pick, Prospect For Yelle, Reed - Albany River Rats
- Rangers Acquire Defenseman Anders Eriksson, Send Miika Wiikman To Phoenix - Connecticut Whale
- Rangers Return Corey Potter To Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Blues Assign Derek Armstrong - Peoria Rivermen
- Capitals Recall John Carlson - Hershey Bears
- Marlies Travel To Scarborough For Community Practice - Toronto Marlies
- Osala Dealt To Carolina Hurricanes - Hershey Bears
- Former Monarch Purcell Traded To Tampa Bay - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolves Charm Fans With St. Patrick's Day Jerseys - Chicago Wolves
- Hogs Host Monsters Tonight, Danis-Pepin Reassigned - Rockford IceHogs
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Craig Weller Dealt In Five-Player Trade With Florida - Providence Bruins
- Coyotes Acquire Schneider From Vancouver In Exchange For Zimmerman - San Antonio Rampage
- Canucks Trade Mathieu Schneider To Phoenix For Sean Zimmerman, Pick - Manitoba Moose
- Red Wings Acquire Jordan Owens From Rangers For Kris Newbury - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rangers Acquire Forward Kris Newbury From Detroit For Jordan Owens - Connecticut Whale
- MacIntyre Blanks Marlies In 3-0 Wolves Win - Chicago Wolves
- Pierre-Cedric Labrie Acquired From Vancouver - Peoria Rivermen
- Coyotes Acquire Wolski From Colorado For Mueller And Porter - San Antonio Rampage
- Canucks Trade Pierre-Cedric Labrie To St. Louis For Yan Stastny - Manitoba Moose
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Defenseman Aaron Ward From Carolina In Trade - San Antonio Rampage
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Admirals Sign Forward Ryan Cruthers - Norfolk Admirals
- Veteran Hrkac Returns To Aeros, Wild Recalls Earl - Houston Aeros
- Montreal Acquires Aaron Palushaj From St. Louis - Hamilton Bulldogs
- NIHL Wolves Cup Presentations This Saturday - Chicago Wolves
- P-Bruins Defeat Heat In Shootout 4-3 - Providence Bruins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.