Penguins Sign Goalie Tristan Côté-Cazenave to PTO
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that they have signed goaltender Tristan Côté-Cazenave to a professional tryout agreement.
Côté-Cazenave is a first-year pro who most recently suited up for the Reading Royals of the ECHL. After a brief, four-game stint at the University of Québec-Trois-Rivières, Côté-Cazenave joined the Royals and pitched a shutout in his pro debut.
In two games with Reading, the 22-year-old netminder earned a 1-1-0 record while allowing four goals and making 29 saves.
Prior to this season, Côté-Cazenave played junior hockey in the Québec Major Junior Hockey League. The native of St-Bruno-de-Montarville, Québec played 153 games for the Victoriaville Tigres and Québec Remparts and had a 2.99 goals against average, .902 save percentage and nine shutouts to go with a 72-52-17 career record.
Côté-Cazenave was invited to Pittsburgh Penguins Prospect Development Camp in 2018 as an undrafted free agent.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's next game is tonight, Wednesday, Jan. 19, against the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. Puck drop between the Penguins and Phantoms is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza.
Individual game tickets and season-ticket packages for the 2021-22 season are on sale now. Full-Season, 22-game, 12-game, Flexbook and Premium Seating plans are available by reaching out to the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 19, 2022
- Phantoms Deliver Birthday W for Absent Coach Lappy - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Phantoms Edge Penguins in Low-Scoring, Grind-It-Out Game - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolf Pack Knock off Marlies 5-2 for Second Straight Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Drop Contest to Rocket, 4-3 - Utica Comets
- Crunch Rally Past Amerks, 3-2, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Coachella Valley Firebirds to Debut Inaugural Season Jersey on January 24 - Coachella Valley Firebirds
- 5 Things: Heat vs. Gulls - Stockton Heat
- Penguins Sign Goalie Tristan Côté-Cazenave to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- By the Numbers - Henderson Silver Knights
- North Carolina Native Billy Christopoulos Gets Opportunity to Represent his Home State - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Announce Pair of Roster Moves - Cleveland Monsters
- Heat, Gulls Face off Wednesday at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Jonsson-Fjallby Recalled, Assigned to Taxi Squad - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack Look to String Back-To-Back Wins Together with Marlies in Town - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Checkers Sign Raleigh Native Billy Christopoulos - Charlotte Checkers
- Marlies Road Trip Continues in Hartford - Toronto Marlies
- Wolf Pack's Fritz Suspended for One Game - AHL
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 14 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Game #29: Tucson at Bakersfield - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Withstand Barracuda Charge, 4-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Put 40 Shots on Net But Fall to Gulls 4-2 - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Wild Game 3 Ends with Penguins Losing to T-Birds, 7-6
- Penguins Add Seven from Wheeling
- Penguins Lose Game 2 in Springfield, 6-2
- Joseph Named WBS IOA/American Specialty AHL Person of the Year
- Kids Free for Game Three this Sunday