Wolf Pack Look to String Back-To-Back Wins Together with Marlies in Town
HARTFORD, CT - The Hartford Wolf Pack will look to win back-to-back games for the first time in 2022 when they play host to the Toronto Marlies tonight at the XL Center. It is Toronto's lone visit to Hartford during the 2021-22 season.
Puck drop is set for 7:00 p.m.
Tale of The Tape:
This is the first of just two meetings between the Wolf Pack and the Marlies during the course of the 2021-22 season. The sides will conclude the season series in Toronto on April 15th with the Pack's lone visit to the Coca-Cola Coliseum.
This is the first meeting between the teams since February 13th, 2019. On that night, at the XL Center, the Pack skated to a 3-2 victory on the strength of Tim Gettinger's goal 16:22 into the third period. Brandon Halverson made 43 saves in goal for Hartford in the victorious effort. The teams did not meet during the 2019-20 or 2020-21 seasons.
In the last five seasons, the Wolf Pack hold a 2-1-1-0 record head-to-head against the Marlies.
Wolf Pack Outlook:
The Wolf Pack scored their first shutout of the season last time out, blanking the Laval Rocket by a final score of 4-0. Austin Rueschhoff scored just 96 seconds into the contest to open the scoring, then closed it with an empty-net goal at 19:47 of the third period. He has goals in three straight games, having scored four times in the span. Keith Kinkaid made 31 saves in his first start since December 22nd for the win.
Johnny Brodzinski leads Wolf Pack skaters in points with 24 (10 g, 14 a) and goals with ten. Kinkaid leads goaltenders with an 11-1-2 record, .913 save percentage and 2.58 goals against average. He was assigned back to Hartford last Saturday, while goaltender Tyler Wall was recalled to the taxi squad.
The parent New York Rangers also assigned forward Anthnoy Greco to the Wolf Pack on Sunday, and forwards Brodzinski and Gettinger to the club on Tuesday. Forward Liam Pecararo was released from his PTO with the Wolf Pack on Sunday and has returned to the ECHL's Greenville Swamp Rabbits.
The Marlies enter tonight's game with a record of 17-10-1-1 following Sunday's 4-3 overtime victory over the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. Brett Seney scored at 17:59 of the third period to tie the game at 3-3 and force overtime, where Joey Anderson completed the hat-trick with his 13th goal of the season at 1:06 to give Marlies two points. Toronto won both games in Pennsylvania this weekend by 4-3 scores in overtime. They also knocked off the Hershey Bears on Saturday night.
Seney leads the club with 25 points (13 g, 12 a) on the season, and is tied with Anderson for the team lead in goals with 13 each. Erik Källgren leads goaltenders with a 9-4-0 record.
The Pack is back with three home games in four nights next week! First, the club hosts the rival Springfield Thunderbirds on Wednesday, January 26th. Then, the Providence Bruins come to town on Friday, January 28th! Join us for $2 beers and $1 hot dogs, compliments of our friends at Nomads Entertainment. Lastly, we travel to a galaxy far, far away on January 29th when the Lehigh Valley Phantoms come to town for 'Star Wars Night' at the XL Center! All games start at 7:00 p.m.
Tickets for all three games, and tonight's battle with the Marlies, are available at www.hartfordwolfpack.com!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 19, 2022
- Phantoms Deliver Birthday W for Absent Coach Lappy - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Phantoms Edge Penguins in Low-Scoring, Grind-It-Out Game - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolf Pack Knock off Marlies 5-2 for Second Straight Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Drop Contest to Rocket, 4-3 - Utica Comets
- Crunch Rally Past Amerks, 3-2, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Coachella Valley Firebirds to Debut Inaugural Season Jersey on January 24 - Coachella Valley Firebirds
- 5 Things: Heat vs. Gulls - Stockton Heat
- Penguins Sign Goalie Tristan Côté-Cazenave to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- By the Numbers - Henderson Silver Knights
- North Carolina Native Billy Christopoulos Gets Opportunity to Represent his Home State - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Announce Pair of Roster Moves - Cleveland Monsters
- Heat, Gulls Face off Wednesday at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Jonsson-Fjallby Recalled, Assigned to Taxi Squad - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack Look to String Back-To-Back Wins Together with Marlies in Town - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Checkers Sign Raleigh Native Billy Christopoulos - Charlotte Checkers
- Marlies Road Trip Continues in Hartford - Toronto Marlies
- Wolf Pack's Fritz Suspended for One Game - AHL
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 14 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Game #29: Tucson at Bakersfield - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Withstand Barracuda Charge, 4-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Put 40 Shots on Net But Fall to Gulls 4-2 - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Wolf Pack Stories
- Wolf Pack Represtened at 2022 IIHF Men's World Championship
- Jared Degler Named Wolf Pack Team Winner of AHL's IOA/American Speciality Person of the Year Award
- Two Minutes for Thoughts: May 3rd, 2022
- Rangers Recall Seven from Wolf Pack
- Wolf Pack End Season with 6-3 Victory over Visiting Penguins