P-Bruins Defeat Crunch in 4-0 in McIntyre's First Shutout of the Season
Providence, RI - The Providence Bruins defeated the Syracuse Crunch 4-0 Sunday night in their first meeting of the season. The P-Bruins got goals from Cameron Hughes, Karson Kuhlman and Ryan Donato while Zane McIntyre made his 30th start of the season in net.
The Providence Bruins came out of the gates firing as Cameron Hughes lit the lamp for the P-Bruins only a minute into the game. From behind the net, he banked it in off of Connor Ingram for his 13th goal of the season and Providence took a 1-0 lead. Syracuse struggled to solve McIntyre and had a tough time getting good looks. Karson Kuhlman ended the first period strong for Providence, netting the second goal of the game. With helpers from Connor Clifton and Jordan Szwarz, he snapped home his 11th goal of the season, finishing out the 1st with a 2-0 lead.
The second period started off slow but with 25 seconds left Providence extended their lead 3-0 on a short handed rush. Zach Senyshyn stole the puck and entered the zone up the right side with Kuhlman. Senyshyn sent a pass to a wide open Kuhlman who one-timed his second goal of the night. It was his team leading third short-handed goal of the season and the P-Bruins ended the second with a 3-0 lead.
The final period ended with Ryan Donato tallying a goal at 11:26, with helpers from Gemel Smith and Mark McNeill. Donato's seventh goal of the season sealed the 4-0 Providence victory and McIntyre's 11th straight win. With his first shutout of the season, he is now one shutout from tying Tim Thomas and Hannu Toivonen's team record of 11 shutouts.
McIntyre stopped 27 shots while Ingram stopped 26 shots. Providence was 0/4 on the power play and 5-5 on the penalty kill. The P-Bruins are back at the Dunk on Friday February 15th when they take on the Toronto Marlies at 7:05pm.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 10, 2019
- Bears Sweep Checkers in Weekend Series with 2-1 Win - Hershey Bears
- Herr's Game-Winner Lifts Reign Late - Ontario Reign
- Wolves Hand Griffins Rare Home Loss - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Checkers Drop 2-1 Contest to Streaking Bears - Charlotte Checkers
- Barracuda Fall Late in Ontario, 4-3 - San Jose Barracuda
- Berdin, Moose Blank Texas, 2-0 - Manitoba Moose
- Brown Scores Overtime Winner to Beat Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Wolves Vault Griffins - Chicago Wolves
- Phantoms Finish Weekend with 5-2 Victory - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Devils Sweep Monsters with 4-3 OT Win - Binghamton Devils
- Wolf Pack Beaten by Lehigh Valley, 5-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Fritz scores game-winner in overtime as Bridgeport sweeps two-game series against Comets - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Defeat Crunch in 4-0 in McIntyre's First Shutout of the Season - Providence Bruins
- Goaltending Duel Ends in Stars Defeat - Texas Stars
- Monsters Fall to Devils in Overtime, 4-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Earn Road Point in Overtime Loss to Bridgeport - Utica Comets
- Crunch Shutout by Bruins, 4-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Marlies and Senators Meet for Sunday Showdown - Toronto Marlies
- Canucks Recall Forward Zack MacEwen - Utica Comets
- Florida Panthers Recall F Jamie McGinn from Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Corban Knight Loaned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Condors Bid for 12 Straight Wins Tonight at Home - Bakersfield Condors
- Flyers Recall Justin Bailey from Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Moose Sign Defenceman Logan Roe - Manitoba Moose
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Marlies, February 10 - Belleville Senators
- Wolves Win Matinee in Milwaukee - Chicago Wolves
- Game Preview: Checkers at Bears, 5 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Kile Scores Twice in Rocket's 6-3 Loss to Senators - Laval Rocket
- Gulls Beaten by Bakersfield Buzzsaw - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Historic Run Continues in 7-1 Rout of San Diego - Bakersfield Condors
- Thrilling Comeback Thwarted as Tucson Tops Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Iowa Stuns San Antonio with 3-2 Win in Overtime - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- P-Bruins Set Franchise Record with 12th Consecutive Win
- P-Bruins Tie Franchise Record, Beat Hershey Bears, 3-2, in Shootout
- P-Bruins Win 10th Straight Game, Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 4-2
- P-Bruins Extend Win Streak to Nine Games, Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 2-1, in Overtime
- P-Bruins Win Eighth Straight Game, Top Hartford Wolf Pack, 3-2