Kile Scores Twice in Rocket's 6-3 Loss to Senators
BELLEVILLE - The Laval Rocket and the Belleville Senators played the second of their back-to-back games against one another at the CAA Arena in Belleville on Saturday night, where Belleville's Drake Batherson scored a hat trick in the Senators' 6-3 victory over the Rocket. Alex Kile scored two for the Rocket in the loss.
A quick powerplay goal early in the game gave the Senators a 1-0 lead over the Rocket and a two-on-one, one-timer goal from Batherson extended Belleville's lead to two halfway through the first period, but the Rocket reduced their deficit to one by the period's end. Michael Pezzetta's third of the season showed his hand-eye coordination, as he hit the puck out of mid-air and sent it behind Belleville's Filip Gustavsson.
Another powerplay goal for the Senators early in the second period allowed them to re-claim their earlier two-goal lead, but it didn't last for long. Kile's third of the season for the Rocket came when he picked up a rebound that bounced off the boards and shot it in the net while Gustavsson was out of position, making it a 3-2 game. However, Batherson's second of the night brought the score to 4-2 heading into the third.
Batherson completed his hat trick at the start of the third period but Kile netted his second of the night just 12 seconds later, continuing the trend of scoring after their opponents. The Senators would add a sixth goal to put the game out of reach in the final six minutes of the period however, locking in the final score of 6-3.
"I don't think 6-3 is really representative of the effort the guys gave on the ice, "said Joël Bouchard after the game. "Given the circumstances, we played a good hockey team tonight considering we were really decimated going in. We lost a player, we were tired, and there was a lot of emotion since we lost our captain. I'm disappointed in the score and in a few details, but I can't say the guys didn't try."
LAV: Pezzetta (Audette, Evans) | Kile (Verbeek, Lamarche) | Kile (Alain)
BEL: Elliott (Archibald, Tambellini) | Batherson (Paul, Brown) | Paul (Chlapik, Batherson) | Batherson (Brown, Burgdoerfer) | Batherson | Chlapik (Lindberg)
Goaltenders: LAV: McNiven (12/16) | Lindgren (12/14) | BEL: Gustavsson (20/23)
Rocket Powerplay: 0/4| Rocket Penalty Kill: 4/6
Three Stars: 1. Drake Batherson - BEL | 2. Nick Paul- BEL | 3. Alex Kile - LAV
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 10, 2019
- Bears Sweep Checkers in Weekend Series with 2-1 Win - Hershey Bears
- Herr's Game-Winner Lifts Reign Late - Ontario Reign
- Wolves Hand Griffins Rare Home Loss - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Checkers Drop 2-1 Contest to Streaking Bears - Charlotte Checkers
- Barracuda Fall Late in Ontario, 4-3 - San Jose Barracuda
- Berdin, Moose Blank Texas, 2-0 - Manitoba Moose
- Brown Scores Overtime Winner to Beat Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Wolves Vault Griffins - Chicago Wolves
- Phantoms Finish Weekend with 5-2 Victory - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Devils Sweep Monsters with 4-3 OT Win - Binghamton Devils
- Wolf Pack Beaten by Lehigh Valley, 5-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Fritz scores game-winner in overtime as Bridgeport sweeps two-game series against Comets - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Defeat Crunch in 4-0 in McIntyre's First Shutout of the Season - Providence Bruins
- Goaltending Duel Ends in Stars Defeat - Texas Stars
- Monsters Fall to Devils in Overtime, 4-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Earn Road Point in Overtime Loss to Bridgeport - Utica Comets
- Crunch Shutout by Bruins, 4-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Marlies and Senators Meet for Sunday Showdown - Toronto Marlies
- Canucks Recall Forward Zack MacEwen - Utica Comets
- Florida Panthers Recall F Jamie McGinn from Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Corban Knight Loaned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Condors Bid for 12 Straight Wins Tonight at Home - Bakersfield Condors
- Flyers Recall Justin Bailey from Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Moose Sign Defenceman Logan Roe - Manitoba Moose
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Marlies, February 10 - Belleville Senators
- Wolves Win Matinee in Milwaukee - Chicago Wolves
- Game Preview: Checkers at Bears, 5 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Kile Scores Twice in Rocket's 6-3 Loss to Senators - Laval Rocket
- Gulls Beaten by Bakersfield Buzzsaw - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Historic Run Continues in 7-1 Rout of San Diego - Bakersfield Condors
- Thrilling Comeback Thwarted as Tucson Tops Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Iowa Stuns San Antonio with 3-2 Win in Overtime - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Laval Rocket Stories
- Canadiens Sign Defenseman Xavier Ouellet to a Two-Year Contract Extension
- Canadiens Agree to Terms on a One-Year Contract with Forward Brandon Baddock
- Canadiens Sign Defenseman Noah Juulsen to a One-Year Contract Extension
- Canadiens Agree to Terms on a One-Year Contract with Goaltender Michael McNiven
- Canadiens Agree to Terms on a One-Year Contract with Forward Jake Lucchini