Flyers Recall Justin Bailey from Phantoms
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Philadelphia Flyers today they have recalled forward Justin Bailey from their American Hockey League affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
Bailey, 23, has played in 10 games for the Phantoms this season, tallying five goals and two assists for seven points since being traded for Taylor Leier on January 17, 2019. Overall, Bailey has played 47 games in the American Hockey League this season for Lehigh Valley and the Rochester Americans totaling 27 points on 14 goals and 13 assists.
A native of Buffalo, Bailey has split time between Rochester and the Buffalo Sabres in each of the last three seasons. He played in 12 games for the Sabres last year, recording three goals and an assist for four points. In 52 career NHL games, all with Buffalo, Bailey has five goals and three assists for eight points.
The 6-foot-4 winger was a 20-goal scorer in each of his first two AHL seasons, posting 20 goals and 25 assists for 45 points in 75 games in 2015-16 and then picking up 23 goals and 13 assists for 46 points in 53 games a year later. Bailey has tallied 62 goals, 54 assists and 116 points in 196 games for the Rochester Americans.
Prior to turning pro, Bailey played three years in the Ontario Hockey League with Kitchener and Sault Ste. Marie, where he totaled 75 goals and 73 assists for 148 points in 168 career games. He was selected by the Sabres in the second round (52nd overall) of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Season tickets offering a wide range of benefits as well as 21-Game and 13-Game plans are available by calling the Phantoms at 610-224-GOAL (4625).
And for the latest Phantoms news, visit www.phantomshockey.com or follow the team on Facebook, Twitter (@lvphantoms) and Instagram (@lehighvalleyphantoms).
The Phantoms are coming off an incredibly successful fourth campaign in the Lehigh Valley playing at the state-of-the-art PPL Center in which the team claimed the Atlantic Division Championship and finished with the AHL's second-most wins (47) along with the league's second-highest standings points total (104) while advancing to the third round of the Calder Cup Playoffs for just the fourth time in franchise history.
Images from this story
Forward Justin Bailey with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 10, 2019
- Bears Sweep Checkers in Weekend Series with 2-1 Win - Hershey Bears
- Herr's Game-Winner Lifts Reign Late - Ontario Reign
- Wolves Hand Griffins Rare Home Loss - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Checkers Drop 2-1 Contest to Streaking Bears - Charlotte Checkers
- Barracuda Fall Late in Ontario, 4-3 - San Jose Barracuda
- Berdin, Moose Blank Texas, 2-0 - Manitoba Moose
- Brown Scores Overtime Winner to Beat Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Wolves Vault Griffins - Chicago Wolves
- Phantoms Finish Weekend with 5-2 Victory - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Devils Sweep Monsters with 4-3 OT Win - Binghamton Devils
- Wolf Pack Beaten by Lehigh Valley, 5-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Fritz scores game-winner in overtime as Bridgeport sweeps two-game series against Comets - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Defeat Crunch in 4-0 in McIntyre's First Shutout of the Season - Providence Bruins
- Goaltending Duel Ends in Stars Defeat - Texas Stars
- Monsters Fall to Devils in Overtime, 4-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Earn Road Point in Overtime Loss to Bridgeport - Utica Comets
- Crunch Shutout by Bruins, 4-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Marlies and Senators Meet for Sunday Showdown - Toronto Marlies
- Canucks Recall Forward Zack MacEwen - Utica Comets
- Florida Panthers Recall F Jamie McGinn from Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Corban Knight Loaned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Condors Bid for 12 Straight Wins Tonight at Home - Bakersfield Condors
- Flyers Recall Justin Bailey from Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Moose Sign Defenceman Logan Roe - Manitoba Moose
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Marlies, February 10 - Belleville Senators
- Wolves Win Matinee in Milwaukee - Chicago Wolves
- Game Preview: Checkers at Bears, 5 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Kile Scores Twice in Rocket's 6-3 Loss to Senators - Laval Rocket
- Gulls Beaten by Bakersfield Buzzsaw - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Historic Run Continues in 7-1 Rout of San Diego - Bakersfield Condors
- Thrilling Comeback Thwarted as Tucson Tops Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Iowa Stuns San Antonio with 3-2 Win in Overtime - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.