Wolves Win Matinee in Milwaukee
MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin - The Chicago Wolves secured another win at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena, besting the Milwaukee Admirals in overtime, 3-2, on Saturday afternoon.
Forward Brooks Macek scored the winner 1 minute, 28 seconds into overtime while forwards T.J. Tynan and Daniel Carr also scored for Chicago (26-15-5-1). Netminder Oscar Dansk (16-7-3) saved 20 of 22 shots as the Wolves moved to 4-0-0 this season in Milwaukee.
Cole Schneider and Tyler Gaudet tallied goals for Milwaukee (22-19-9-1) while goaltender Tom McCollum (9-8-2) saved 23 shots.
After a scoreless first period, Tynan got the Wolves on the board 6:31 into the second period. Linemate Keegan Kolesar shot from the high slot and had his chance saved, but Tynan pounced on the rebound and put a backhand shot over McCollum for a 1-0 lead.
Schneider scored on a redirect 6:42 into the third frame to knot things up -- fooling Dansk when he tipped a wide shot from the point -- but it took Carr just 38 seconds to put the Wolves back in the lead. He crashed in on McCollum's net and batted a loose puck past the netminder at 7:20.
Late in the frame with McCollum pulled for an extra attacker, Milwaukee put on the pressure and Gaudet scored at the back door with 19 seconds remaining to tie the game 2-2.
Macek delivered his 20th goal of the year 1:28 into the extra session, winning it for the Wolves. After forward Curtis McKenzie intercepted a Milwaukee breakout pass, Macek received a pass from defenseman Dylan Coghlan and skated an arc around the slot, biding his time before sending a shot over McCollum's glove.
The Wolves travel to Grand Rapids for a 3 p.m. game Sunday. Chicago returns to Allstate Arena at 3 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 17, against the Iowa Wild. For the best ticket specials, visit ChicagoWolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 10, 2019
- Bears Sweep Checkers in Weekend Series with 2-1 Win - Hershey Bears
- Herr's Game-Winner Lifts Reign Late - Ontario Reign
- Wolves Hand Griffins Rare Home Loss - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Checkers Drop 2-1 Contest to Streaking Bears - Charlotte Checkers
- Barracuda Fall Late in Ontario, 4-3 - San Jose Barracuda
- Berdin, Moose Blank Texas, 2-0 - Manitoba Moose
- Brown Scores Overtime Winner to Beat Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Wolves Vault Griffins - Chicago Wolves
- Phantoms Finish Weekend with 5-2 Victory - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Devils Sweep Monsters with 4-3 OT Win - Binghamton Devils
- Wolf Pack Beaten by Lehigh Valley, 5-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Fritz scores game-winner in overtime as Bridgeport sweeps two-game series against Comets - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Defeat Crunch in 4-0 in McIntyre's First Shutout of the Season - Providence Bruins
- Goaltending Duel Ends in Stars Defeat - Texas Stars
- Monsters Fall to Devils in Overtime, 4-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Earn Road Point in Overtime Loss to Bridgeport - Utica Comets
- Crunch Shutout by Bruins, 4-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Marlies and Senators Meet for Sunday Showdown - Toronto Marlies
- Canucks Recall Forward Zack MacEwen - Utica Comets
- Florida Panthers Recall F Jamie McGinn from Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Corban Knight Loaned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Condors Bid for 12 Straight Wins Tonight at Home - Bakersfield Condors
- Flyers Recall Justin Bailey from Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Moose Sign Defenceman Logan Roe - Manitoba Moose
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Marlies, February 10 - Belleville Senators
- Wolves Win Matinee in Milwaukee - Chicago Wolves
- Game Preview: Checkers at Bears, 5 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Kile Scores Twice in Rocket's 6-3 Loss to Senators - Laval Rocket
- Gulls Beaten by Bakersfield Buzzsaw - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Historic Run Continues in 7-1 Rout of San Diego - Bakersfield Condors
- Thrilling Comeback Thwarted as Tucson Tops Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Iowa Stuns San Antonio with 3-2 Win in Overtime - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.