Florida Panthers Recall F Jamie McGinn from Springfield
SUNRISE, Fla. - Florida Panthers President of Hockey Operations & General Manager Dale Tallon announced today that the club has recalled forward Jamie McGinn from their American Hockey League affiliate, the Springfield Thunderbirds.
McGinn, 30, has appeared in four games with Springfield, producing four points (2-2-4). The 6-foot-1, 205-pound native of Fergus, Ontario, has not played a game with Florida this season as he recovered from offseason back surgery. McGinn was activated from Florida's injured non-roster and loaned to Springfield on Feb. 1.
He appeared in 76 games with Florida in 2017-18, registering 29 points (13-16-29).
McGinn has recorded 213 points (113-100-213) over 598 regular season NHL games with Florida (2017-18), the Arizona Coyotes (2016-17), Anaheim Ducks (2015-16), Buffalo Sabres (2015-16), Colorado Avalanche (2011-12 to 2014-15) and San Jose Sharks (2008-09 to 2011-12).
Additionally, the Panthers have placed forward Colton Sceviour on injured reserve.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 10, 2019
- Bears Sweep Checkers in Weekend Series with 2-1 Win - Hershey Bears
- Herr's Game-Winner Lifts Reign Late - Ontario Reign
- Wolves Hand Griffins Rare Home Loss - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Checkers Drop 2-1 Contest to Streaking Bears - Charlotte Checkers
- Barracuda Fall Late in Ontario, 4-3 - San Jose Barracuda
- Berdin, Moose Blank Texas, 2-0 - Manitoba Moose
- Brown Scores Overtime Winner to Beat Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Wolves Vault Griffins - Chicago Wolves
- Phantoms Finish Weekend with 5-2 Victory - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Devils Sweep Monsters with 4-3 OT Win - Binghamton Devils
- Wolf Pack Beaten by Lehigh Valley, 5-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Fritz scores game-winner in overtime as Bridgeport sweeps two-game series against Comets - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Defeat Crunch in 4-0 in McIntyre's First Shutout of the Season - Providence Bruins
- Goaltending Duel Ends in Stars Defeat - Texas Stars
- Monsters Fall to Devils in Overtime, 4-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Earn Road Point in Overtime Loss to Bridgeport - Utica Comets
- Crunch Shutout by Bruins, 4-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Marlies and Senators Meet for Sunday Showdown - Toronto Marlies
- Canucks Recall Forward Zack MacEwen - Utica Comets
- Florida Panthers Recall F Jamie McGinn from Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Corban Knight Loaned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Condors Bid for 12 Straight Wins Tonight at Home - Bakersfield Condors
- Flyers Recall Justin Bailey from Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Moose Sign Defenceman Logan Roe - Manitoba Moose
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Marlies, February 10 - Belleville Senators
- Wolves Win Matinee in Milwaukee - Chicago Wolves
- Game Preview: Checkers at Bears, 5 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Kile Scores Twice in Rocket's 6-3 Loss to Senators - Laval Rocket
- Gulls Beaten by Bakersfield Buzzsaw - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Historic Run Continues in 7-1 Rout of San Diego - Bakersfield Condors
- Thrilling Comeback Thwarted as Tucson Tops Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Iowa Stuns San Antonio with 3-2 Win in Overtime - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Springfield Thunderbirds Stories
- T-Birds Await Two Atlantic Division Tests on Road
- Special Teams Pivotal in T-Birds Breakout Win at Providence
- Panthers Reassign F Cliff Pu to Springfield (AHL) from Greenville (ECHL)
- Desrosiers Debuts Strongly, But Wolf Pack Top T-Birds
- Driedger's Spectacular Effort Not Enough for T-Birds against Rochester