Brown Scores Overtime Winner to Beat Toronto
Logan Brown scored the overtime winner as the Belleville Senators beat the Toronto Marlies 4-3 in overtime Sunday afternoon.
The Sens had goals from Drake Batherson, Darren Archibald and Adam Tambellini while Marcus Hogberg made 31 saves. Toronto's Kasimir Kaskisuo turned aside 19 shots while Martin Marincin, Chris Mueller and Jeremy Bracco found the back of the net.
Brown buried the game-winner with a dandy of the move as he undressed a Marlies defenceman down the right wing before beating Kaskisuo high with a phenomenal finish for his 12th of the year 65 seconds into the extra period.
After a quiet opening, Belleville took a 1-0 lead on the power play as Batherson got a piece of Jordan Murray's point shot to beat Kaskisuo with the puck barely rolling over the goal line as the Sens rookie pushed his point streak to nine games with his 16th of the season.
The Sens nearly got out of the first period with the lead but conceded with 1.4 seconds left as Murray couldn't clear the puck out of the defensive zone and Marincin was able to beat Hogberg from the blue line to tie the game 1-1.
Belleville got its lead back at 14:06 of the second as Chase Balisy centered the puck out front from behind the net to Archibald who saw his initial shot blocked but he was able to deposit the second attempt for his second goal in a Sens jersey and for a 2-1 Belleville lead after 40 minutes.
Toronto took all of 11 seconds to tie the game in the third as Mueller got a piece of Marincin's blast to make it 2-2 before nearly taking the lead through Andreas Borgman who hammered the crossbar from the left slot.
The Marlies took its first lead of the night wth 9:39 to play as with Tobias Lindberg in the penalty box, Bracco snuck in back door to bury his 14th of the year off of Mueller's pass but Belleville would come back to make it 3-3 at 12:32 as Tambellini notched his 11th of the year with a nifty move out front to beat Kaskisuo up high.
With the win, Belleville goes over .500 for the first time this season with a 24-23-2-3 record.
Belleville is back in action Wednesday as they open a four-game homestand against Syracuse. Tickets are available.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 10, 2019
- Bears Sweep Checkers in Weekend Series with 2-1 Win - Hershey Bears
- Herr's Game-Winner Lifts Reign Late - Ontario Reign
- Wolves Hand Griffins Rare Home Loss - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Checkers Drop 2-1 Contest to Streaking Bears - Charlotte Checkers
- Barracuda Fall Late in Ontario, 4-3 - San Jose Barracuda
- Berdin, Moose Blank Texas, 2-0 - Manitoba Moose
- Brown Scores Overtime Winner to Beat Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Wolves Vault Griffins - Chicago Wolves
- Phantoms Finish Weekend with 5-2 Victory - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Devils Sweep Monsters with 4-3 OT Win - Binghamton Devils
- Wolf Pack Beaten by Lehigh Valley, 5-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Fritz scores game-winner in overtime as Bridgeport sweeps two-game series against Comets - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Defeat Crunch in 4-0 in McIntyre's First Shutout of the Season - Providence Bruins
- Goaltending Duel Ends in Stars Defeat - Texas Stars
- Monsters Fall to Devils in Overtime, 4-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Earn Road Point in Overtime Loss to Bridgeport - Utica Comets
- Crunch Shutout by Bruins, 4-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Marlies and Senators Meet for Sunday Showdown - Toronto Marlies
- Canucks Recall Forward Zack MacEwen - Utica Comets
- Florida Panthers Recall F Jamie McGinn from Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Corban Knight Loaned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Condors Bid for 12 Straight Wins Tonight at Home - Bakersfield Condors
- Flyers Recall Justin Bailey from Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Moose Sign Defenceman Logan Roe - Manitoba Moose
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Marlies, February 10 - Belleville Senators
- Wolves Win Matinee in Milwaukee - Chicago Wolves
- Game Preview: Checkers at Bears, 5 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Kile Scores Twice in Rocket's 6-3 Loss to Senators - Laval Rocket
- Gulls Beaten by Bakersfield Buzzsaw - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Historic Run Continues in 7-1 Rout of San Diego - Bakersfield Condors
- Thrilling Comeback Thwarted as Tucson Tops Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Iowa Stuns San Antonio with 3-2 Win in Overtime - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.