Olivier Legault Resigns as Associate Head Coach
Fort Wayne, IN - The Komets announced today that Olivier Legault has resigned as associate head coach after 11 seasons as a player, assistant coach, and associate head coach.
Legault, 37, started as an assistant coach with the Komets during the 2016-17 season under then-head coach Gary Graham.
"Olivier has resigned from the Komets and he is taking time to decide the next step in his coaching career. Olivier loves the organization and we love him and his family," said Komet general manager David Franke. "Sometimes these things happen in sports, but we appreciated everything Olivier has done for the Komets over the years. We wish him nothing but success as he figures out his next move in hockey."
The Chibougamau, Quebec, native played portions of three seasons with the Komets, winning back-to-back Turner Cup championships in 2007-2008 and 2008-2009.
The Komets host Indy on Friday at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum at 8:00 p.m. The club travels to Cincinnati on Saturday and Indy on Sunday.
Marathon Fill-Up Card Fridays, December 1 -- Filling up three times at any area Marathon station earns you buy-one-get-one free tickets to any Friday home game. Visit any local Marathon Station for details.
Komet Hockey on WOWO-Fans can follow the action with Shane Albahrani broadcasting play-by-play on WOWO AM 1190 and FM 92.3 FM. Game broadcasts are also streamed live at Komets.com.
Get Komet Tickets-Tickets are available for all Komet home games at the Memorial Coliseum ticket office and Ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 29, 2023
- Growlers Stifle Steelheads 5-4 in Shootout - Newfoundland Growlers
- Steelheads Earn Point in 5-4 Shootout Loss vs. Newfoundland - Idaho Steelheads
- Oilers Fall in Overtime to Thunder, Extend Point Streak to Five Games - Tulsa Oilers
- Lions Lose 6-2 to Stingrays in South Carolina - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Stingrays Skate Past Lions in 6-2 Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fuel Win Over Wheeling On Wednesday Night - Indy Fuel
- Fuel Sneak Past Nailers, 3-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Swamp Rabbits and GreenvilleVets.com Partner for the Return of Waggin' Wednesdays - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Growlers Sign Goaltender Brian Wilson to SPC - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - November 29 - ECHL
- Osmanski Assigned to Maine - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Returns Home Tonight to Host Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Sign Defenseman Dilan Savenkov - Orlando Solar Bears
- Olivier Legault Resigns as Associate Head Coach - Fort Wayne Komets
- Worcester Falls 4-1 in School Day Game to Mavericks - Worcester Railers HC
- Try Hockey for Free with the Royals - Reading Royals
- Series Preview: November 29-December 2 at Idaho - Newfoundland Growlers
- Rush, Black Hills Energy Announce Organizations Receiving Bears from Teddy Toss - Rapid City Rush
- Ottawa Assigns Goalie Leevi Merilainen to the Americans - Allen Americans
- Solar Bears Game on December 8 Rescheduled for Wednesday, March 6, 2024 - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Komets Stories
- Trine University Report Card Night Is Saturday, March 2nd; Komets Travel to Wheeling and Toledo this Week.
- All-American Military Weekend this Saturday and Sunday Versus Cincinnati
- Komets Hit the Road for the Next Four Games
- Komets Point Streak Hits Five Games
- Komets Roll Past Railers to Earn Five Points over the Weekend