Oilers Top Grizzlies After Explosive First Period
TULSA, OK - The Oilers beat Utah 6-3 thanks to five, first-period goals at the BOK Center on Saturday night.
Adam Pleskach scored his third goal in as many games 23 seconds into the action, popping home a rebound and setting the score 1-0. Pleskach followed up with his second of the game at the 3:08 mark, chipping the puck by a sprawling Garrett Metcalf before guiding it into the yawning cage. Curtis Leonard made it a 3-0 game with his first goal as an Oiler, clapping a Utah turnover through Metcalf 4:44 in. Charlie Sampair extended Tulsa's lead to four, finishing a rebound with clinical precision and chasing Metcalf just 6:05 into the game. Alex Kromm scored his third of the season on a tip 39 seconds after Sampair's tally, making it a 5-0 lead for Tulsa. Ryan Lowney pulled Utah within four 19 seconds after Kromm's goal with a clapper from the left point.
Gregg Burmaster potted his 10th of the season 4:17 into the second, grabbing a rebound off the end wall before beating a scrambling Peyton Jones. Hayden Hodgson brought the score 6-2 13:48 into the middle frame.
Matthew Boucher finalized the score 6-3 with 4:20 left in the game, squeezing a sharp-angle shot past Hayden Hawkey.
Tulsa closes out the three-game week on May 1 with Tulsa Drillers Night. The Oilers will wear Tulsa Drillers-themed jerseys, with an auction in the River Spirit Lounge after the 7:05 p.m. game.
ECHL TV has a new provider for the 2020-21 season. We are proud to partner with FloHockey, which provides subscribers with plenty of content. Watch live events across all screens by downloading the FloSports app on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire and Chromecast. To become a subscriber, click here.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 30, 2021
- Thunder Falls in Eight Round Shootout vs. Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Fall 3-2 to Rapid City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oilers Defeat Utah 6-3 - Utah Grizzlies
- Oilers Top Grizzlies After Explosive First Period - Tulsa Oilers
- Sadek Scores for Rabbits in Friday Night Tilt Versus Icemen - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Snap Tie with Two in the Third - Wheeling Nailers
- Solar Bears shut down by Dubeau in 6-2 loss to Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rays Swim Past Solar Bears in Series Opener, 6-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavs Weekend Preview at Rapid City Rush - Kansas City Mavericks
- Maple Leafs Assign Goaltender Scott to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - April 30 - ECHL
- Grizzlies Preview: Utah at Tulsa on Friday, April 30, 2021 - Utah Grizzlies
- Stockton Assigns Defensemen Moro and Wilson to Kansas City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Davis and Bafia Added to Grizzlies Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Bradley Scores for a Cure - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Solar Bears, April 30 at 7 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits vs. Icemen, 7:05 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Local Restaurants Receive Surprise Donations from Mariners - Maine Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.