Offense comes alive in rout of Bees
West Sacramento, Calif. - The Sacramento River Cats (7-8) snapped a three-game losing streak with a 11-5 victory over the Salt Lake Bees (4-10) on Friday night.
After giving up the first run of the game, Sacramento tallied eight consecutive runs over the next three innings and wouldn't look back. Home runs from outfielders Mike Yastrzemski and Mac Williamson highlighted the offensive outburst, with Williamson's three-run shot in the third extending the lead to five.
All nine River Cats batters recorded at least one hit in the contest. Infielders Donovan Solano and Austin Slater, as well as Williamson, led the way with two hits each.
For Saturday night's televised game, southpaw Andrew Suarez (1-1, 5.40) is set to make his fourth start of the season while the Bees will send newly-added righty Parker Bridwell to the mound. First pitch is set for 7:05 p.m. (PT). Catch all of the action live on the CW-31 (KMAX), or online at rivercats.com, on the MiLB First Pitch app, or on Money 105.5 FM.
- Williamson's homer snapped a drought of 80 plate appearances without a home run, dating back to July 26 when he clubbed his 13th and final long ball of the 2018 season.
- With first baseman Anthony Garcia's two fielding errors on Saturday night, the River Cats have now committed at least one error in six straight games. In defense of Garcia, it was just his fifth time playing first base as a professional.
The Sacramento River Cats are the Triple-A affiliate of the three-time World Champion San Francisco Giants. The team plays at Raley Field in West Sacramento, consistently voted one of the top ballparks in America. Season Tickets, Mini-Plans, and Flex Plans can be purchased for the River Cats' 20th season by calling the River Cats Ticket Hotline at (916) 371-HITS (4487). The only place to guarantee official River Cats tickets is at www.rivercats.com. For information on other events at Raley Field, visit www.raleyfield.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 20, 2019
- Big Fourth Inning Helps Cubs to 11-1 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Gomber's Gem Helps Redbirds Split with Round Rock - Memphis Redbirds
- I-Cubs Capture 11-1 Victory over Dodgers - Iowa Cubs
- Erceg and Smith Lead Missions' Charge - San Antonio Missions
- Express Complete Epic Comeback in Doubleheader Split - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Drops Opener against San Antonio - Nashville Sounds
- Baby Cakes Win on Walk-Off Wild Pitch - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (4-10) vs. San Antonio Missions (7-7) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 20, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (7-7) vs. Round Rock Express (9-5) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sacramento Takes Series Opener - Salt Lake Bees
- Offense comes alive in rout of Bees - Sacramento River Cats
- Fresno's staff stymies Las Vegas in 3-1 win - Fresno Grizzlies
- Friday Night Spoiled After 4-1 Loss to El Paso - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Blank Tacoma in Series Opener Behind Castellani's Quality Start - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento River Cats Stories
- River Cats to Host Annual Preseason Party this Sunday
- River Cats Renew Partnership with FanCompass, Seek to Enhance Fan Engagement
- River Cats to Host Job Fairs January 25 and February 8
- Dave Brundage Returns as River Cats Manager to Defend Title in 2020
- USA Softball Team to Visit Sutter Health Park in Tune-Up for Olympics